2+2 wannabe
06-21-2005, 05:39 PM
blasphemy

asofel
06-21-2005, 05:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
sucks and is a waste of torrents

[/ QUOTE ]

poker content, stfu noob, its "article", gus, wrong forum, stick it in your pooper.

tbach24
06-21-2005, 05:42 PM
meh

Soul Daddy
06-21-2005, 05:44 PM
I don't know if I'd go that far, but I was beginning to wonder if I was the only one on these boards that doesn't bust a nut over this show.

tbach24
06-21-2005, 05:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't know if I'd go that far, but I was beginning to wonder if I was the only one on these boards that doesn't bust a nut over this show.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa

2+2 wannabe
06-21-2005, 05:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

haha this is classic - you didn't add the "lois, where's my spiderman glass"

trying2learn
06-21-2005, 05:51 PM
if you don't dig this show, something's wrong with either your sense of humor, or more specifically your appreciation for one-liners rattled off at breakneck speed topped off with a flair for poking fun at pop culture.

Johnny Richter
06-21-2005, 05:54 PM
I love Family Guy but have never given American Dad the time of day. Is that worth watching at all coming from the same creators and all?

2+2 wannabe
06-21-2005, 05:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I love Family Guy but have never given American Dad the time of day. Is that worth watching at all coming from the same creators and all?

[/ QUOTE ]

NO

pryor15
06-21-2005, 05:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no

bronzepiglet
06-21-2005, 06:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's about 1/8 the laughs (if that). Not worth it for the average Family Guy fan.

Soul Daddy
06-21-2005, 06:02 PM
That description sounds like The Simpsons, circa 1992. But the few times I've watched, it's nowhere near that level.

Johnny Richter
06-21-2005, 06:02 PM
Good, glad i never wasted my time watching it then

Benholio
06-21-2005, 06:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There has been one American Dad episode that I found to be really funny. Had a good amount of laughs. It has been the exception rather than the rule, though. I will keep watching it anyway, though, just in case!

DeezNuts
06-21-2005, 06:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I like Family Guy(sometimes), but I agree that people seem to make it out to be the greatest show ever on these boards. Does not even come CLOSE to Seasons 4-9 of the Simpsons. South Park is also better and much more insightful.

DN

Eihli
06-21-2005, 06:15 PM
These guys aren't even trying. The episodes have no substance. It's nothing but a stream of unrelated one liners and references to pop culture that don't fit in with the show. They feel out of place and forced.

tbach24
06-21-2005, 06:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I always forget that part. Which scene in which show, I think I'll watch it tonight if you can clue me in to which one it is.

Wes ManTooth
06-21-2005, 06:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
sucks and is a waste of torrents

[/ QUOTE ]

poker content, stfu noob, its "article", gus, wrong forum, stick it in your pooper.

[/ QUOTE ]

Johnny Richter
06-21-2005, 06:21 PM
Well i watch it to laugh my ass off, not to see what happens to stewie at the end of an episode, or for the cliffhanger to look forward to next weeks episode.

Eihli
06-21-2005, 06:32 PM
I enjoy a good laugh too but random wackiness without any grounding gets old very fast. That doesn't happen to a show that is rich in substance and has the long lasting quality and rewatchability.

Johnny Richter
06-21-2005, 06:36 PM
So does the simpons have more grounding and substance to suit your needs?

Eihli
06-21-2005, 06:37 PM
Not the recent seasons.

Johnny Richter
06-21-2005, 06:40 PM
Is that based on current episodes or your sense of humor changing with growth? (sorry for all the questions)

Eihli
06-21-2005, 06:42 PM
Current episodes.

David04
06-21-2005, 09:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
"Lois, this is not my Batman glass"

Get it right, [censored]. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

CallMeIshmael
06-21-2005, 09:27 PM
It doesnt suck.

But, its also not better than the simpsons in its prime.

Cancuk
06-21-2005, 09:33 PM
its much easier to just call you stupid.

-Brian

Tron
06-21-2005, 09:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I enjoy a good laugh too but random wackiness without any grounding gets old very fast. That doesn't happen to a show that is rich in substance and has the long lasting quality and rewatchability.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just figured out what's wrong. You're OLD.

Eihli
06-21-2005, 09:52 PM
I'm 19...

2+2 wannabe
06-21-2005, 09:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
"Lois, this is not my Batman glass"

Get it right, [censored]. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

haha i know - i knew it was wrong right when i made it (for some reason i didn't fix it)

to whoever was asking - i think it's the second episode this season (maybe the third)

CallMeIshmael
06-21-2005, 09:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
its much easier to just call you stupid.

-Brian

[/ QUOTE ]

You're wrong. And its not close.

EDIT: Dont get me wrong. I like FG a lot. But, seasons 4-6 of the Simpsons are better than anything FG had done.

Tron
06-21-2005, 09:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm 19...

[/ QUOTE ]

Start acting like it.

Russ McGinley
06-21-2005, 09:55 PM
It was the second episode, "Fast Times at Buddy Cianci Jr High".

TheIrishThug
06-21-2005, 10:34 PM
american dad started out as decent to good. however, like family is showing the patter of not starting out amazing and getting better. american dad is now starting to show that macfarlen is starting to get into a grove. the last 2 episodes have been great and i expect more from the future.

great avatar

benza13
06-21-2005, 11:44 PM
American Dad is a mediocre show, making it better than anything else at the time slot, so I usually watch it for a couple laughs without expecting much. Thats exactly what I get.

As for Family Guy, its the type of show that most either love or don't. Personally I think its one of the best shows and while the Simpson's peak years were better remember that Family Guy was only on for 3 seasons originally and has only been back for 6 episodes so far. Its got plenty of time to leave an even bigger mark than it already has. Only show to return from cancellation for a reason. Hopefully this time Fox doesn't abuse the show by changing its timeslot on a weekly basis.

And I remind you that the Family Guy DVDs have outsold the Simpsons DVDs...

CallMeIshmael
06-21-2005, 11:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW, you cant really compare this. Because the simpsons is on in syndication 41,231 times per day.

Paluka
06-21-2005, 11:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this sums up Family Guy pretty well. The show makes me laugh with some good jokes and some wacky ideas, but so do my friends. This show doesn't have the depth of genius that the good years of The Simpsons had.

benza13
06-21-2005, 11:50 PM
Family Guy is on syndication too, daily on Cartoon Network and a few episodes a week on TBS as well. It was on syndication daily on TBS during the day for a while too. And FWIW most Family Guy fans I know had downloaded all the episodes and still bought the DVDs.

CallMeIshmael
06-21-2005, 11:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Family Guy is on syndication too, daily on Cartoon Network and a few episodes a week on TBS as well. It was on syndication daily on TBS during the day for a while too. And FWIW most Family Guy fans I know had downloaded all the episodes and still bought the DVDs.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is all true. But, (at least where I live) you can see like 2 different FGs per day, and about 10 different simpsons. Clearly not a fair comparison, IMO. (though both shows are amazing)

Soul Daddy
06-21-2005, 11:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
And Jagged Little Pill is among the top 12 albums sold of all time.

DemonDeac
06-22-2005, 12:06 AM
ur an idiot

AngryCola
06-22-2005, 12:14 AM
Anyone who doesn't like Family Guy is a racist.

There. I said it.

BusterStacks
06-22-2005, 12:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
ur an idiot

[/ QUOTE ]

tbach24
06-22-2005, 01:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone who doesn't like Family Guy is a racist.

There. I said it.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, POTD

closer2313
06-22-2005, 01:51 AM
I think Season 3 of Family Guy was better than the current season. But the current season is still really good, and is getting better with every episode.

The Simpsons in its prime was one of the funniest shows I ever watched. It started to go downhill about 5 years ago.

American Dad has its moments and is getting better.

milliondollaz
06-22-2005, 01:53 AM
I enjoy Family Guy (and South Park) because of their enormous amounts of creativity. It's intelligent, it relates to me, and I admire the fact that even though I love it, I could never produce an episode, or even a scene, no matter how hard I tried.

AND it only gets funnier when I'm drunk...

benza13
06-22-2005, 01:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think Season 3 of Family Guy was better than the current season. But the current season is still really good, and is getting better with every episode.

The Simpsons in its prime was one of the funniest shows I ever watched. It started to go downhill about 5 years ago.

American Dad has its moments and is getting better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed on the new season, just keeps getting better, took them a couple episodes to get back in the groove.