PDA

View Full Version : River 3 bet right?

bambi
06-21-2005, 05:17 PM
hand 1

Full tilt, 9 max, 7 handed. 2/4

Folded to hero in the small blind who holds A /images/graemlins/spade.gifK /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Hero raises, BB Calls

Flop

A /images/graemlins/heart.gif3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Hero checks, BB bets, Hero raises, BB calls

Turn 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Hero bets, SB raises, Hero calls

River A /images/graemlins/club.gif

Hero bets, SB raises, Hero reraises, (this is standard, No?)
Sb calls

Wasnt sure wether i should have three bet the turn or not, and the river is an easy three bet right?

Hand 2

Hero UTG dealt 10 /images/graemlins/spade.gif10 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Hero raises, 3 folds, Button calls, sb folds, BB 3bets, both call

Flop Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif4 /images/graemlins/club.gif

BB checks, hero bets, Button calls, BB raises, hero calls, button calls

Turn 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

BB bets, Hero FOLDS? button calls

River 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif

BB bets, button calls

I was defenately keen to see a show down with only one opponent however i had no idea what to do here on the turn in a threeway pot?

Help would be great

einbert
06-21-2005, 05:19 PM
Don't checkraise the flop.

mosta
06-21-2005, 05:28 PM
hand 1 I think flop checkraise is okay, because it's likely you'd slowplay that big a hand (but you have to know he's aggressive.) I def three-bet turn. the river is a little scary. many times I've told myself I'm going to wait to the river to raise because I don't want to lose them. and many times by the time I get to the river, it's too scary. I'm not sure I'm brave enough to three-bet the river in your line.

edit: but the river hasn't changed anything. what the hell. I wanted to 3-b turn, so here I 3-b river.

mosta
06-21-2005, 05:34 PM
hand 2. having called the flop check raise, your turn fold is hideous. the turn doesn't give you any new reason to fold that wasn't there on the flop. I think folding the flop to the check-raise is okay. calling down is probably okay too, but I lean to fold. I guess the turn fold was more an admission of error on the flop to yourself. I do that too.

edit: overcaller helps sway me to fold.

mosta
06-21-2005, 05:38 PM
to be a little more accurate: a 3-bet on river from you is stronger than turn 3-B b/c you know he wasn't looking for free showdown or bluffing. he definitely likes his hand. so it's scarier, but I think it's right. you haven't shown enough strength for any of his raises to mean anything more than like AT/J.

keikiwai
06-21-2005, 05:53 PM
Hand 1:

I think you're ahead often on the river, but are you ahead often enough to call a cap? I don't think so...

I would 3 bet the river vs. any villain except for BB. He could have any crazy cards, especially since you're stealing from SB, so he may well assume you try and do so w/ almost any 2 cards.

Why would he re-raise you after a c/r? If he has A8, 38, 88 or 48 he would do this. And if they're sooted he may well call w/ 38s and 48s vs. a steal attempt, if he thinks you're raising w/ any two cards, shoot he may even call w/ any 2 cards. Have you been stealing a lot? He may be protecting his blind w/ any 2 cards for image.... A read would help here...

You have no fold equity because if he didn't fold to the flop A, since the river A doesn't change anything, he won't fold now (well actually if he had 38 or 48 it changes everything, hmm)....

Call because you can't put him on a hand, and you don't want to fold to a cap and you don't want to call a cap...

but it's a close one I think...

bambi
06-21-2005, 06:12 PM
hand 1- had no reads, just sat down. And hadnt tried to steal at all, just yet

hand 2- have no idea what i was thinking call then fold, makes no sense, idiot.

Pat Southern
06-21-2005, 06:54 PM
I think you played both these hands very poorly.
Hand 1: Dont checkraise the flop, it sucks if it gets checked through and a scare card comes, along with possibly killing action from a middle pair hand. 3 bet the turn. 3 bet the river.

Hand 2: Why call the flop if you're going to fold the turn? I think its an easy calldown.