PDA

View Full Version : 15-year old wants to play on the LPGA tour.

jedi
06-21-2005, 04:40 PM
ESPN Article (http://sports.espn.go.com/golf/news/story?id=2091602)

What do you think? Cocky or Confident? I think she's got no idea what's coming, even if she can drive with the best of them right now.

The Armchair
06-21-2005, 04:49 PM
Let her in.

M2d
06-21-2005, 04:49 PM
and people harp on Michelle Wie for not winning anything? crash and burn, baby. crash and burn

The Armchair
06-21-2005, 05:08 PM
How many LPGA tour events has Wie played in, like 5? No big deal.

M2d
06-21-2005, 05:33 PM
21 LPGA events since 2002 (age 12)
17 cuts made (hasn't missed on since 2003)
5 top tens (including three in majors)

JTrout
06-21-2005, 05:36 PM
4 LPGA events this year-
twice 2nd
12th
14th

Damn good.

Sponger15SB
06-21-2005, 05:39 PM
So do you think he parents keep her chained up in the crawl space under the house, or locked in a closet?

mmbt0ne
06-21-2005, 05:51 PM
On one of those dog tethers. She needs to have free use of her arms to practice her swing.

On another note, ugh.
http://espn.starwave.com/media/pga/2005/0621/photo/a_bandea_195.jpg

No wonder she's good at sports, no boyfriends to waste time on.

touchfaith
06-21-2005, 08:25 PM
I think the quote from her letter...

[ QUOTE ]
"The main reason that I want to qualify is because I believe I'm as good as anybody on the LPGA Tour and it would be an awesome experience to play in your tournaments. These girls rock -- and I want to rock, too!"

[/ QUOTE ]

Will be the thing that gets her denied. She just doesn't seem to have the maturity yet (from the limit information we know about her).

And in another comment from the article (not her quote)...

[ QUOTE ]
If the LPGA rejects her request for Q-school, Bandea simply will turn her attention toward male competition. She already feels more comfortable playing from the men's tees.

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but pros play from the tips, not the whites, regardless of gender.

Maybe she should just work on that putting for now...

billyjex
06-21-2005, 09:28 PM
this stuff sounds so stupid. who cares if she's mature enough? she's good enough, and that should be ALL that matters IMO.

M2d
06-21-2005, 10:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
this stuff sounds so stupid. who cares if she's mature enough? she's good enough, and that should be ALL that matters IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]
Is she good enough? how do we know? She hasn't won or come close to winning anything. She hasn't even played in any tour events.

touchfaith
06-21-2005, 10:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
who cares if she's mature enough?

[/ QUOTE ]

The LPGA.

[ QUOTE ]
she's good enough, and that should be ALL that matters IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

You may have missed this part of the article...

[ QUOTE ]
She has never played in an LPGA event, and failed in her attempts to qualify for both the men's U.S. Open and the U.S. Women's Open this year.

[/ QUOTE ]

She doesn't even bother to display commitment...

[ QUOTE ]
Bandea said she's not interested in a full-fledged pro career. At most, she only wants to play 10 LPGA events a year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me thinks her monopoly days have made her money hungry.

eric5148
06-21-2005, 10:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, this girl thinks that playing professional golf AND tennis is just like monopoly.

The whole point is her maturity. That's why they have the 18-year old rule. The LPGA doesn't want players who behave like 15 year olds, no matter how good they are.