PDA

View Full Version : Adjust my play based on one hand?

imported_leader
06-21-2005, 03:46 PM
Not much of a read on villain. he's played 7 of his first 9 hands.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 calls.

Flop: (5.50 SB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls.

Turn: (3.75 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 4.75 BB

Good fold there? If not, should I fold the river UI?

Same guy two hands later...

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP1 calls.

Flop: (5.50 SB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero...

Well my standard play is to raise, but given that he just gay bet me two hands, should I just call?

mantasm
06-21-2005, 03:49 PM
Yeah, he's not going to fold and he's probably not giving a free card. Your equity may be more than 50% but i doubt it. Good thinking.

crunchy1
06-21-2005, 03:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well my standard play is to raise, but given that he just gay bet me two hands, should I just call?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm still raising - I think you should've too /images/graemlins/grin.gif. Maybe he thought he could pull off a quick semi-bluff on the cheap street after your fold on the previous hand.

I'm also shying away from attempting to isolate this player in the future - he seems intent on making my life tough after the flop and I don't like that.

FWIW - I'm not folding the turn in hand 1 either. (A) There's still a good chance you're ahead and (B) even if you're not you just picked up extra outs to improve.

mantasm
06-21-2005, 03:56 PM
I wouldn't stop isolating, just plan on going to showdown with ace high type hands.

crunchy1
06-21-2005, 04:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't stop isolating, just plan on going to showdown with ace high type hands.

[/ QUOTE ]
Possibly against a player who's known to be aggressive - but this Villian is currently unknown. I'd rather get a read on him watching other players spew chips his way than by spewing my own. Obviously I'm still going to isolate with premium hands but, I'm going to be a little more aware that this is a player that's going to play me tough when it's HU.

imported_leader
06-21-2005, 05:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Possibly against a player who's known to be aggressive - but this Villian is currently unknown. I'd rather get a read on him watching other players spew chips his way than by spewing my own. Obviously I'm still going to isolate with premium hands but, I'm going to be a little more aware that this is a player that's going to play me tough when it's HU.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some number of hands later against the same guy. He had A2o. And It felt good to finally have something to nail him to the wall when he gay bet me.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif. CO posts a blind of $3.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+2 calls.

River: (8.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+2 calls.

Final Pot: 12.50 BB