PDA

View Full Version : FPS?

Catt
06-21-2005, 03:40 PM
Villain appears loose but passive pre-flop, and about average aggressiveness post-flop (he's not a calling station). His stats over ~80 hands are something like 40/4/1. You won't be surprised that, given his PFR, he doesn't steal very often at all. I haven't seen much of his post-flop play in this session, though I know he is capable of folding when he thinks he is beat, and have no notes on him from previous sessions (meaning I likely saw nothing to note).

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4.40 SB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls.

Turn: (4.20 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6.20 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls.

Final Pot: 10.20 BB

Pre-flop: Should this be a straightforward 3-bet pre-flop? I would often 3-bet this here, but his passivity pre-flop (and the fact that he doesn't really steal raise) made me call the raise and look for a decent flop.

Flop: C/R OK? I doubt he 3-bets even with a big PP (so I threw out the bet-3bet line), but I can't be sure. After I C/R on this flop I kinda smacked myself in the head and thought "I just shut down all action from AK or AQ, and he may be in ck-call mode even with a high pocket pair."

Turn: With the board very dry for overs and the board pairing TP, I worried that I lose him if I bet here.

River: Well, he bet the turn. But a very bad card fell since there is now 4 to a straight (gutshot) to go with the paired board. Bet, probably get one (I think it unlikely he raises here) but possibly get 3 or 4 BBs if he thinks I'm full of BS, or C/R to try and collect an almost sure 2 BBs (I doubt he folds to the C/R after he bet the turn) but risk a check-through?

Did I FPS this hand all to hell?

JaysonWeberFCP
06-21-2005, 03:51 PM
I'm not a huge fan of 3 betting your 5's against this villian. Personally I think you played it right and the cards were g00t. Just my opinion.

sy_or_bust
06-21-2005, 04:14 PM
Don't 3-bet preflop against this player. Plan to raise most flops (fold AKx, etc.) and fold to a 3-bet. Sounds like Villain is very straightforward.

Does this player bet the river with A-high? Will he call a raise with it? I'm not sure you can count on either.