PDA

View Full Version : Live 8/16 hand. Play along.

radek2166
06-21-2005, 03:10 PM
Hyper argo game. Not uncommon for it to be 3bet or capped preflop.

I am OTB with 2 black jacks. Raised By an LP player who's raising standards are very very loose to say the least. I reraise. SB folds BB calls LP calls Flop is 7 9 10 /images/graemlins/club.gif.

Checked to hero. Hero.............?

Read on BB is hes a solid passive player. will only play premium hands.

mister
06-21-2005, 03:13 PM
if he only plays premium hands, what range would you put him on if all he did was call (over say cap) ?

radek2166
06-21-2005, 03:18 PM
AKs or unsuited. AQs or unsuited. Q's Jacks or 10's. I will add he maybe playing timid at this point due to the fact he has been sucked out a few times.

toss
06-21-2005, 03:19 PM
I like bet/ bet/ check if you don't hit the straight.

mister
06-21-2005, 03:24 PM
ok so flop is 79T all clubs, and this guy is capable of having Ak, Aks, AQ, AQs, JJ, TT, QQ, 99 (perhaps).

Well right now you crush AK and AQ, tie JJ, and depending on the suite of his AKs/AKs you probably crush that too. given your over pair, gutshot, and 4th nut to the flush, I'd go hard on this flop. Someone is going to have to prove to me that they have a monster. I'd cap the flop and go into call down mode on the turn barring any scare cards. Problem is the amount of scare cards that can come. I don't think I could call with the J of clubs should the 4th one come. Then again it depends how much is in the pot, and how often we have to be right at that point. But the total bets in the pot come the river is total speculation based on what you've told me.

chief444
06-21-2005, 03:36 PM
I can't imagine anyone wanting to check here.

meep_42
06-21-2005, 03:39 PM
I think you gotta bet this. BB worries me here, since I think it's most likely he's holding onto a PP (which may have just tripped) or the A/images/graemlins/club.gif, and you really won't know which if he calls (that's what i'm getting from your read, at least). I'm calling a raise back to me since i'm in position and re-evaluating the turn.

There are way, way too many cards that can come on the turn that kill your hand, make a stab here to set up a bet on a blank turn and free showdown if you need it.

-d

radek2166
06-21-2005, 03:40 PM
I bet it in a second. BB calls LP folds his Cheese.

Turn is an under card maybe the 2 of diamonds.

BB checks Hero...........

chief444
06-21-2005, 03:43 PM
Bet away. BB's calling the flop with pretty much anything in his range here.

radek2166
06-21-2005, 03:56 PM
I bet the turn...................the more I think about this it played itself the wholeway.

River I hit my gutshot St flush. BB turns over A /images/graemlins/spade.gifk /images/graemlins/club.gif. I was really surprised that he did not bet out or C/R the river.

Guess I should not have even posted this. The hyper argoness of this game sent me for a loop. I ran good in it. set of 8's vs 2 pair got paid well. I made 25BB is 3 hours.

Poker is easy. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

meep_42
06-21-2005, 04:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll try to remember that when i'm in Vegas tomorrow. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

-d

radek2166
06-21-2005, 04:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll try to remember that when i'm in Vegas tomorrow. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

-d

[/ QUOTE ]

Just remember to straddle every chance you get. /images/graemlins/grin.gif. Also to fold your straddle to any aggresion no matter what you hold /images/graemlins/grin.gif