PDA

View Full Version : When should I be folding?

smcannon
06-21-2005, 02:49 PM
Paradise Poker 0.10/0.20 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Button calls, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (13 SB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (9.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

River: (12.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 15.50 BB

Jaran
06-21-2005, 02:51 PM
pf.

-Jaran

Fishlips_Jones
06-21-2005, 03:02 PM
I would fold preflop.

I think the best way to protect you hand is to lead the turn, call a raise from CO.

River is OK. The flush got there, either CO was betting his flush draw or he has pocket 6's for the full house. Button probably has a small flush.

This is a tuff hand IMO. Folding preflop avoids the mess.
Fishlips

aK13
06-21-2005, 03:05 PM
Calling a raise with KJo preflop, even in the BB, is a very very very bad thing.

kitaristi0
06-21-2005, 03:06 PM
Fold preflop.

On the flop i would've checked with the intention of raising when CO or Button bets. You won't get a flush draw to fold, but you might fold a lone ace. Sure CO or Button could have AK, but they might not.

On the turn and river the pot is too big to fold so i'd call it down.

mmmmmbrother
06-21-2005, 03:07 PM
i doubt that CO has sixes since he threebet pf.
i think aces would be played the same here?

id check raise the turn and fold to a three bet.
if called then call down the river.

bottomset
06-21-2005, 03:07 PM
before i opened, I said to myself "preflop", damn Im good

and the flop bet really sucks balls

imported_The Vibesman
06-21-2005, 03:16 PM
With an easily dominated hand and in lousy position you should probably just let it go pre-flop. If for some reason you want to play the hand (say due to the recent action at the table a lot of people playing marginal hands, or you have noticed that Button raises with a very wide range of hands and is passive postflop)then I would raise.

In no way am I advocating that move against an average opponent.

Limp-raises bother me, I'm just never sure what to put a guy on.

Flop turn and river look ok, but I would really hate this hand. If the two pair was good I would be happy and surprised. Still, won't just give someone credit for the flush, so I'd call.

TomBrooks
06-21-2005, 05:44 PM
I don't fold this hand anywhere depending on who made the preflop raise. If the raiser is &lt; 5 PFR I fold, if he is unknown, I'll call. This is loose, but I do it. (Doesn't make it right.) From the post flop action, you might have been behind AK though until the river J gave you two pair. Hopefully CO didn't have KK for a set or A /images/graemlins/heart.gif K /images/graemlins/heart.gif for the flush.

On the flop, I would have checked and called one but folded to two.