PDA

View Full Version : Anybody Clarkmeistering here?

bozlax
06-21-2005, 02:01 PM
Sorry for 2 posts on the front page at the same time, but this is an interesting table. I don't have a lot of hands on Villan, but he doesn't seem to be terrible. A little loose preflop, espcially from the blinds, and I haven't seen him get too tricky postflop.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif. MP3 posts a blind of $1.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP3 (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP3 folds.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG folds.

From preflop I put BB on ace-rag or connectors, probably suited. UTG maybe a small pair or something he'll suddenly realize he shouldn't be playing out of position.

Turn: (4.75 BB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

Damn. I feel like I'm being set up for a C/R, here, so I check it through, planning to bet a safe river card if checked to.

River: (4.75 BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero ?

Oh, good...the worst possible card. If Villan was playing suited connectors OR ace-rag from BB I'm screwed. Easiest check ever? Or bet to try and scare him off his ace-rag?

Emmitt2222
06-21-2005, 02:03 PM
bet/fold turn. Don't bet the river. Clark is OOP, you have position.

jrz1972
06-21-2005, 02:03 PM
Bet the turn. BB has done nothing but call along so far.

I strongly prefer betting the turn (planning to check the river behind) to checking the turn and calling a bet on the river.

McGahee
06-21-2005, 02:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Clark is OOP, you have position.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate quoting anybody with this screen name, but this is correct.

topspin
06-21-2005, 02:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
bet/fold turn. Don't bet the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seconded.