PDA

View Full Version : music forum

asofel
06-21-2005, 01:58 PM
Has there ever been discussion on this? Music threads seem to be about as prevalent as sports were at one time...or maybe that's just today...anyway, its a big enough topic and it'd be nice to have a place to go for just music. Thoughts? No need? Steaming pile of poo?

tbach24
06-21-2005, 01:58 PM
I'd like to see one.

Soul Daddy
06-21-2005, 01:59 PM
Please no.

Shajen
06-21-2005, 02:03 PM
Where do you draw the line?

Chick advice?
Music?
Sports?
Polls?

slippery slope my friend, slippery slope.

jakethebake
06-21-2005, 02:05 PM
...and Dear Bison should have its own forum.

2planka
06-21-2005, 02:07 PM
Yes, and there should be a hot chicks and a stick it in her .... forum too.

asofel
[ QUOTE ]
Where do you draw the line?

Chick advice? [ban bruiser - voila]
Music? [yes, good]
Sports? [we have one]
Polls? [topics vary so they stay]

slippery slope my friend, slippery slope.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, but as you mentioned in your list, we do have a sports forum now. I know I'd go to a music forum much more often than Science/Math/Philosophy. Its the only other topic I can imagine wanting to have its separate space...

asofel
[ QUOTE ]
...and Dear Bison should have its own forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'd go there.

Patrick del Poker Grande
06-21-2005, 02:45 PM
WTF!?!!! ENOUGH WITH THE DILUTION OF OOT ALREADY!

asofel
06-21-2005, 02:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
WTF!?!!! ENOUGH WITH THE DILUTION OF OOT ALREADY!

[/ QUOTE ]

Easy killer, just asking for others opinions. Would you not like a forum in which your love and appreciation of the cowbell could be discussed and duly noted?

offTopic
I thought it would go something like OOT-2, OOT-Classic, OOT-News. Can't wait for OOT-Deportes.

"pegúelo en su pooper"

mmbt0ne
After your great post in the Jackpot Jay article I'm disappointed to see this.

asofel
06-21-2005, 02:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I thought it would go something like OOT-2, OOT-Classic, OOT-News. Can't wait for OOT-Deportes.

"pegúelo en su pooper"

[/ QUOTE ]

lol. nice.

asofel
06-21-2005, 02:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I figured some would feel this way. I'm not sure why some are so against even talking about it though...I think its great Sporting Events have their own forum now, and it just seems that Music would be a possible candidate, that's all.

Patrick del Poker Grande
06-21-2005, 02:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]

"pegúelo en su pooper"

[/ QUOTE ]
Brilliant. The Ocho!

Oh, and POTD. <font color="white"> POTD </font>

Shajen
06-21-2005, 02:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I figured some would feel this way. I'm not sure why some are so against even talking about it though...I think its great Sporting Events have their own forum now, and it just seems that Music would be a possible candidate, that's all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because the OOT we all know and love would go from bangin to this:

horrible, this idea. (http://quarterlifecrisis.com/forums)

asofel
06-21-2005, 03:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because the OOT we all know and love would go from bangin to this:

horrible, this idea. (http://quarterlifecrisis.com/forums)

[/ QUOTE ]

Never. Not while the pooper exists, not while we have men who confidently share coconut drinks in hot tubs and post pictures on the internets, not while tournaments are designed to pit man vs beast, beast vs beast, bruiser vs steak, and 30,000 bees vs 30 [censored] badass wasps. Not on my watch...not on MY company's time...

mmbt0ne
06-21-2005, 03:00 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, so here's what happens. Something overtakes most of the OOT discussion, and then gets its own forum. Politics did this first, and it was good. Then, we got The Trainwreck to cut most of the crap out of Psychology. Sports came about at the same time because a lot of OOT was sports.

The problem with this is that it's an endless cycle. OOT will always be dominated by a certain topic, it's just that the topic changes as new forums are created and certain discussions are moved out. Next we make a music forum. Now there's a lot of OOT threads about food, so we make a food forum. Now there's a lot of OOT threads about cars. Well, guess we need a car forum now. It's fine how it is now, and shouldn't be split any more. In fact, it might even be too fractured already, we'll just have to wait and see.

Soul Daddy
06-21-2005, 03:02 PM
So you like the result of moving sports? Now I see the problem, you have the wrong opinion.

A lot less people will read and post in the interesting, truly "other topic" threads if the traffic from sports, music, and movies/tv are busy at different forums.

asofel
06-21-2005, 03:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, so here's what happens. Something overtakes most of the OOT discussion, and then gets its own forum. Politics did this first, and it was good. Then, we got The Trainwreck to cut most of the crap out of Psychology. Sports came about at the same time because a lot of OOT was sports.

The problem with this is that it's an endless cycle. OOT will always be dominated by a certain topic, it's just that the topic changes as new forums are created and certain discussions are moved out. Next we make a music forum. Now there's a lot of OOT threads about food, so we make a food forum. Now there's a lot of OOT threads about cars. Well, guess we need a car forum now. It's fine how it is now, and shouldn't be split any more. In fact, it might even be too fractured already, we'll just have to wait and see.

[/ QUOTE ]

You definitely have a point, and I do think it could spin into a fractal like fragmentation of the utterly sweet gouda that is OOT.

I think its a little bit like the separation of Church and State. Some like it, some don't. For now I'm perfectly happy to have some steaming poo with my November Rain, and maybe even a little pooper in my Cream.

asofel
06-21-2005, 03:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So you like the result of moving sports? Now I see the problem, you have the wrong opinion.

A lot less people will read and post in the interesting, truly "other topic" threads if the traffic from sports, music, and movies/tv are busy at different forums.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you don't like the removal of sports, then yes, I can see how this is a horrible idea. It comes down to personal preference I suppose. I think mmbt0ne said it best in his post, and I certainly wouldn't want that to happen to OOT.

jakethebake
06-21-2005, 03:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]

"pegúelo en su pooper"

[/ QUOTE ]

Brilliant!

jakethebake
06-21-2005, 03:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Never. Not while the pooper exists, not while we have men who confidently share coconut drinks in hot tubs and post pictures on the internets, not while tournaments are designed to pit man vs beast, beast vs beast, bruiser vs steak, and 30,000 bees vs 30 [censored] badass wasps. Not on my watch...not on MY company's time...

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice! <font color="white"> POTD </font>

jakethebake
06-21-2005, 03:11 PM
The OP sucked, but this thread ended up pwneing anyway. This is the beauty of 00t. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

asofel
06-21-2005, 03:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The OP sucked, but this thread ended up pwneing anyway. This is the beauty of 00t. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm used to coming from behind, if you know what I mean...

Wes ManTooth
06-21-2005, 04:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Asofel... OOT champion of the day!
your on fire (and not in terms of being a flaming fairy)