PDA

View Full Version : Isolation w/o reads

Willluck
06-21-2005, 01:27 PM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. Hero posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero (poster) raises</font>...

imported_leader
06-21-2005, 01:29 PM
With tight blinds and a weak MP2, it's fine. Readless, I don't like it.

crunchy1
06-21-2005, 01:34 PM
Not good w/o reads. Why not check along and hope the button/blinds come along with your hand that plays well multi-way?

SmileyEH
06-21-2005, 01:54 PM
Entirely standard methinks.

-SmileyEH

Willluck
06-21-2005, 01:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Not good w/o reads. Why not check along and hope the button/blinds come along with your hand that plays well multi-way?

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-SmileyEH

[/ QUOTE ]
Apparently not.

brettbrettr
06-21-2005, 01:59 PM
Perhaps you should post in the Smiley forum instead. That way you could both spew chips.

Willluck
06-21-2005, 02:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Perhaps you should post in the Smiley forum instead. That way you could both spew chips.

[/ QUOTE ]
perhaps you should post in the weak-tight forum.

crunchy1
06-21-2005, 02:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
-SmileyEH

[/ QUOTE ]
Apparently not.

[/ QUOTE ]
Smiley ignores me because we don't agree.

ihardlyknowher
06-21-2005, 02:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. Hero posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero (poster) raises</font>...

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't get it. Why do you want to isolate with this hand?

brettbrettr
06-21-2005, 02:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
perhaps you should post in the weak-tight forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps I should have been less sarcastic. From what I remember about 2/4 you're going to have a hard time winning this hand without hitting the flop, hard. If any of your opponents hit the flop, you're not going to get them to fold. You have ten high. If no one had enetered the pot I'd need a strong reason not to raise. As is, I think this is a waste.

If any of this doesn't apply to your games then perhaps you should work on your game selection.

crunchy1
06-21-2005, 02:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
From what I remember about 2/4 you're going to have a hard time winning this hand without hitting the flop, hard.

[/ QUOTE ]
This isn't a bad play at 2/4 with reads that the button/blinds are tight. However, in the absence of those reads I think it sucks pretty hard.