PDA

View Full Version : Screwed this one up

Padawan Learner
06-21-2005, 12:04 PM
3/6 online from memory

UTG+1 open raises...he seems decent (proabable 22/9) and farily aggressive--we'll call him taggy for now....I 3bet with A /images/graemlins/spade.gif K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif folded back to villain who just calls.

2 to the flop for 7sb 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif T /images/graemlins/heart.gif

checked to me, I bet, he calls.

2 to the turn for 4.5BB J /images/graemlins/club.gif

Checked to me, check or bet.

edit: more questions

If I check, do i call a bet on a river blank?
If I bet and get raised, do I call the turn raise?

crunchy1
06-21-2005, 12:13 PM
Check the turn with your extra 4 outs. Check/Fold the river UI.

SoSo
06-21-2005, 12:15 PM
check the turn, then if a blank hits on the river be-prepared to check fold.

mosta
06-21-2005, 03:09 PM
I check and I call the river unimproved. you've just induced a bluff. you could use your one bet on the turn to try and get the fold, or you can use it on the river to show down. is there enough value in showdown to foresake the turn bet? I think so. I bet the turn here when I am happy not showing my hand down.

Padawan Learner
06-21-2005, 03:23 PM
FWIW, I bet, which I think is pretty bad. He isn't likely folding any holding with which he raised preflop and called the flop.

He check raised and I folded.

JJH3984
06-21-2005, 03:37 PM
Well I think your two choices are check behind and call the river or bet and take the free showdown and fold to a checkraise. I feel like the check behind/fold the river is just asking an aggressive opponent to take the pot away from you. FWIW I think betting the turn is fine as long as you fold to a checkraise. As long as you are calling down after you check behind, you lose the same bet either way. True, you could improve with one of the 4 queens or an A or K, but if you are getting checkraised here, I would guess that the A and K are likely no good. Also at least one of your queens is likely in his hand. I would expect to see something like KQ suited a lot of the time here, depending on how villian plays.