PDA

View Full Version : Sweating games for coaching purposes?

fooz
06-21-2005, 10:52 AM
I'm coaching a few micro-limit and low-limit poker players right now, and one has asked if I would sweat his hands with him. We've talked about running a chat session while I watch him play.

I'm wondering what others think is a safe approach to doing this. He could call out each hand before he gets it, but I'm not sure I'd want to say anything DURING the hand...and more importantly I wouldn't want to do anything that would concern the site security folks in the slightest. It would be easiest though, for him to call the hand, discuss his thought process live, and I could jot down notes and review each hand with him afterwards.

How have others done this?

JackOfSpeed
06-21-2005, 10:53 AM
Wrong forum, methinks. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

fooz
06-21-2005, 10:58 AM
I think this is an appropriate forum. Hoping for a better "signal" response from some of the more experienced folks...instead of more of the typical "noise" witticisms from the zoo.

DcifrThs
06-21-2005, 11:23 AM
do you have AIM. this seems like a no brainer. you dont say anything to him while a hand is in progress but discuss it after the fact. you can also discuss others' play of hands while in progress b/c you two aren't in them. play 1 table w/ him (as in watch it via game server) and discuss his actions AFTER he makes them.

-Barron

fooz
06-21-2005, 11:26 AM
How do I "watch via gameserver"? ...like we share desktops somehow?

DcifrThs
06-21-2005, 11:29 AM
if you are using party (the game server). you log in from your computer and simply open the table that he's playing at so you both see the same action and players.

-Barron