PDA

View Full Version : What's my line?

dcasper70
06-21-2005, 10:29 AM
cross posted in the mtt forum, but my guess is the tourney size was too small for them. I know you guys can handle it...

Midway through a 20 man live donkfest tourney (13 left), $20 w/rebuys, pays ONLY top 2 (70/30). Prize pool has $580, rebuy period over. Seven Handed, I have slightly below average chips (1600), blinds 50/100. I've been uber-tight, only showing down good hands.

One caller to me (UTG - LAG), I limp in LP with QTs. Button (Solid) and BB (donk) call, 4 to the flop.

Flop AQT rainbow, no spades.

Of all the hands I'm behind, there aren't many real possibilities. I rule out AA and AQ due to limpage. QQ & TT are unlikely with the cards in my hand, so I'm left worrying about KJ and AT, and I'd likely expect a pfr from EP and BB if they had AT (maybe even the KJ).

Check, Check, Hero?

I'll post my actions after some thoughts and comments. Thanks.

Myst
06-21-2005, 10:38 AM
Well, you got your reasoning down pat. You have to bet this, because I can think of two broadway cards that you dont want to see. Id probably bet 1/2 pot.

By the same token though, I think you would have to release this hand if you get raised. Bottom two pair is a very dangerous hand to play, esp with a flop like this. Its very common, at least in the Sngs I play, to see UTG limp with hands like AQ, and esp AT if he was LAG, as they think its some sort of invinicible hand that cant be beat. So I dont think you can rule those type of hands out.

Be especially wary of a check-call, especially from an able opponent. Thats a danger signal in my book, and Id put the brakes down on the turn.

RobGW
06-21-2005, 11:28 AM
The tourney is a donkfest. You've been playing tight. Now you have a hand. What do think you should do?

dcasper70
06-21-2005, 11:57 AM
I threw in a half pot bet.
Solid player on my left raised to 500. Button & EP folded.

I quickly pushed my remaining chips in what I can only describe as a brain fart. I didn't even bother trusting my read on the guy. OK, maybe I'm the reason it was a donkfest....

Myst was right on the money, should have dumped it right there. Button had ATo, turn was another A...

RobGW
06-21-2005, 12:10 PM
Yeah, I agree that when 2 pair gets raised by a solid player on a flop like this its often in trouble. However, you have to bet this on the flop to protect it when its good and to get money from anyone who wants to chase a gutshot. Now once you get raised its tough to let it go but...