PDA

View Full Version : lake charles

kantu
06-21-2005, 10:01 AM
hi all, going down to lake charles this weekend, and i was wondering what's up at the isle and harrah's. last i heard here, someone said harrah's had the action and that the isle was renovating. a friend was down there last thursday night and played at harrah's...he said there were only two 3-6-12 tables going. i am into the 3-6-12, and want to know where most of the action is. thanks in advance.

drew

The Q
06-21-2005, 10:20 AM
I played at Harrah's on the 10th and 11th and thought it was great. They only had 3-6-12 limit and 5-5 NL. There were a bunch of tables going, but I couldn't tell you how many of each. I'd guess at least 3. I just played in the limit game and it was all you could ask for. A few action players but mostly tons of loose, passive players. Common to see 6 or 7 to the flop, sometimes more. We saw all kinds of crazy play. All the same stuff you hear people talk about everywhere else.

They had interest lists for 1-10 stud and 10-20 Hold 'em, but neither got going while I was there.

A quick story: There was this one poor kid that was just having a terrible run of luck and was about to bust. A fun guy so I was rooting for him to get his stack back up. He was the BB and the guy in the SB only had 2 bucks left. This was the only time in two days that everyone folded to the blinds. So the SB is all-in for 2 dollars and poor chump in the BB gets quads. His only good hand of the night.

wonderwes
06-21-2005, 12:15 PM
You might want to also consider driving farther over to Coushatta. Their poker room is just about the same, but might have a few different games.

Spicole
06-21-2005, 06:25 PM
I've played at both fairly recently. Harrah's will be spreading $3/$6/$12, a few NL games, and probably one $1-5 stud game. They have a fountain soda machine and free hot dogs. The Isle also has $3/$6/$12, but they also have $10/$20, and a very stiff looking $20/$40 game, in addition to some NL games. They also spread $1-5 and sometimes $2-10 stud games. The Isle is definitely busier and a favorite among the locals, but Harrah's is nicer, with better dealers, tables, chips, and room management. There were at least 10 $3/$6/$12 tables going on the weekend when I was there.

I've heard Coushatta renovated, but it's just not worth the extra drive for me.