PDA

View Full Version : Please evaluate my stats

imported_exelius
06-21-2005, 09:39 AM
Hi,

I'm at almost 3k hands so far. Im hitting my first big downswing and getting nervous hehe. I'm lost about 60BB in the last few sessions. Mostly have good cards and someone whos so loose gets a good river. Like I had the nut flush and raised alot to get beat by 87o with 77's and an 8 on river full house.

Please see if I have any leaks or am i just getting a usual downswing?
http://praiseproducts.com/temporarysite/statgood.JPG
Thanks so much,
Ex

itsmesteve
06-21-2005, 09:44 AM
You need to raise a lot more preflop. Don't include PreFlop in your AF. 2600 hands=nothing in terms of sample size, but with a VPIP of 20 your Preflop raise should be about 2x what it is (minimum).

xLukex
06-21-2005, 10:10 AM
You're just not aggressive. At all. Ever.

SampleTOOSMALL
06-21-2005, 10:25 AM
***STAMP***

jrz1972
06-21-2005, 10:42 AM
You should be raising PF at least twice as often as you actually are.

It's a small sample, but PFR is a quickly converging statistic. Given your VPIP, there is no way you aren't missing a ton of value raises (and steal attempts) preflop.

People with your PFR tend to raise only with AA-JJ, AKs-AJs and AKo. Maybe TT. That's way too narrow a range.

imported_exelius
06-21-2005, 05:05 PM
Thanks for the eval /images/graemlins/smile.gif . I know its a small sample size but I just want to make sure where im at now and not after 10-20k hands and into some bad habits, then, make sense?
I have for all 2600 hands used SSH preflop chart to the letter. If it says fold call or raise, I do it. So what am I missing here? Does the rest of my stats look ok to the point where i should start to loosen my raising standards? I guess I just thought the SSH chart was the way to go so obviously Im missing something here?

Thanks,
Ex

jrz1972
06-21-2005, 05:08 PM
That's weird. All I can guess is that you've just been getting only been getting dealt about half of your "preflop raising" hands. Normally if you follow SSH, I think your PFR converges to like 7.5% or something.

aK13
06-21-2005, 05:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the eval /images/graemlins/smile.gif . I know its a small sample size but I just want to make sure where im at now and not after 10-20k hands and into some bad habits, then, make sense?
I have for all 2600 hands used SSH preflop chart to the letter. If it says fold call or raise, I do it. So what am I missing here? Does the rest of my stats look ok to the point where i should start to loosen my raising standards? I guess I just thought the SSH chart was the way to go so obviously Im missing something here?

Thanks,
Ex

[/ QUOTE ]

At these limits, you can start open-raising a lot more hands as you move closer to the button...many of these hands are not mentioned by SSH. Your blind stealing is pretty low, which is evidence that you're not loosening up like this.

imported_exelius
06-21-2005, 05:19 PM
Ok one thing I'm doing is Im using the tight games chart because thats most of the games ive played, SSH has 2 charts. Maybe I should start using the loose chart now anyway?

Thanks,
Ex

jrz1972
06-21-2005, 05:26 PM
Most Party games are "tight" but Ed Miller's definition, but like AK noted, you should eventually get away from the chart and look for other situations where you can raise. Following a chart is fine for now while you're learning though.

imported_exelius
06-21-2005, 05:35 PM
Ok, thanks for the insight. It seems Im heading in the right direction at least. I'll start raising more often. I think the loose chart from SSH is my next step, then i'll branch off on my own from there. I still dont completely understand stealing the blinds. I take it as when you are closer to the button and everyone folds to you, you raise to try to get the blinds to fold. Is that the case?

Thanks all,
Ex