PDA

View Full Version : Shades with holographic eyes banned in your room?

bernie
06-21-2005, 04:52 AM
I just recently heard that sunglasses with holographic eyes on the fronts are banned at my cardroom. I think it's ridiculous, personally.

I heard they are banned in other places too. Is this true?

b

Photoc
06-21-2005, 05:33 AM
I think it's ridiculous that anyone would wear such a thing. Do they think they are going to win the WSOP or something with them on? lol

bernie
06-21-2005, 06:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think it's ridiculous that anyone would wear such a thing. Do they think they are going to win the WSOP or something with them on? lol

[/ QUOTE ]

If they want to wear them, so what? You could say the same thing about headphones and shades in general.

The reason I heard was that it was too distracting to other players. So is a gal playing who has a low cut shirt with a huge rack.

b

minttea
06-21-2005, 07:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The reason I heard was that it was too distracting to other players. So is a gal playing who has a low cut shirt with a huge rack.

[/ QUOTE ]

shh, you'll get huge racks banned.

BoogerFace
06-21-2005, 09:56 AM
Wow - next they'll ban x-ray specs too. I use them to see other's hole cards. And to examine large racks. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

danzasmack
06-21-2005, 10:35 AM
A guy came in to a NY club where i was playing with those glasses on. He did not do the fossilman justice. The following hand went down at a 1/2 NL game.

villain's buddy limps, folds to villain, he says, "I raise, $15". The villain's buddy says, "I'm all in, $135 more", villain then goes into a long speech about how he can not possibly lay down such a good hand and he hates to bust his friend, but "I have to call this, i just have to...ACE SEVEN OF SPADES" he shouts as he slams down the cards. His friend flips Tc7c only to hit a T on the turn. Funniest thing ever. He would then continue to raise to $25 on the button every time "to steal the blinds, it's good strategy"

ChicagoTroy
06-21-2005, 11:17 AM
I highly doubt that's true.

whiskeytown
06-21-2005, 12:01 PM
I always wanted to take it up a step -

get some of those dark contact lenses that just make it look you have holes in your eyes (like Wes Borland from Limp Biskit) - that REALLY creeps people out -

but of course, I'd have to wait till the world series -

RB

johnc
06-21-2005, 01:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]

b

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, got more than a few of those in my cardroom. Does make for some nice between hand views!

wayabvpar
06-21-2005, 02:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If they want to wear them, so what? You could say the same thing about headphones and shades in general.

b

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn it, I gotta move up to your game if you are getting that kind of player there! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

bernie
06-21-2005, 03:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Damn it, I gotta move up to your game if you are getting that kind of player there!

[/ QUOTE ]

Not nearly often enough as I'd like . /images/graemlins/grin.gif

b

bernie
06-21-2005, 03:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I highly doubt that's true.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ask your local cardroom. As far as I know, it's true at mine.

Though I will be asking someone else to confirm it.

b

other1
06-21-2005, 04:16 PM
I swear to god if I get to Borgata this weekend and they have banned chicks with huge racks and skimpy tops I'm kicking OP's ass!! /images/graemlins/mad.gif