PDA

View Full Version : absolute answers

irishpint
06-21-2005, 02:43 AM
this must be asked every week (is it?) but i'm about at my breaking point and ready to switch over to absolute full time (i haven't played there at all, yet.) They have basically unlimted 10x bonuses to clear, plus you get rakeback while doing it! SO basically, aren't you ALWAYS clearing like a 7x bonus there (combining the rakeback in). IF this is the case, why doesn't everyone play there? Are the games/software/support/something really THAT BAD? I'm sitting here thinking...how could they be that bad?

edfurlong
06-21-2005, 02:45 AM
They are that bad.

imported_CaseClosed326
06-21-2005, 02:45 AM
The 2/4 6max games suck ass. And no auto Hand histories.

irishpint
06-21-2005, 02:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The 2/4 6max games suck ass. And no auto Hand histories.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a real good reason to avoid. one of the reasons im so set in my empire/party ways is its so easy to check past hands, upload them to pt automatically, etc.

thanks

imported_CaseClosed326
06-21-2005, 02:54 AM
Well you gotta be able to play w/o PT. The main reason I stopped was that there games were not too soft.

Ianco15
06-21-2005, 03:00 AM
The software is awful and the games are very bad. If all you want to do is bonus whore than you can live at absolute because they have 4 reload bonuses a week. I played there to clear the sign up bonus and left right after without doing any other bonuses. I really hated it.

irishpint
06-21-2005, 03:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The software is awful and the games are very bad. If all you want to do is bonus whore than you can live at absolute because they have 4 reload bonuses a week. I played there to clear the sign up bonus and left right after without doing any other bonuses. I really hated it.

[/ QUOTE ]

sounds like it might not be worth my time. right now im debating between continuing .50/1 and 1/2 bonus whoring or just nutting up and playing the hands at party/empire to get comfortable at 2/4. it sounds like im better off just making the money by playing than the easy absolute way.

aK13
06-21-2005, 06:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

sounds like it might not be worth my time. right now im debating between continuing .50/1 and 1/2 bonus whoring or just nutting up and playing the hands at party/empire to get comfortable at 2/4. it sounds like im better off just making the money by playing than the easy absolute way.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm currently bonus whoring absolute. Personally, I don't think it's as bad as everyone says it is, but meh. I play 1/2 6max there -- there are about 10 tables during the day (at night it slows to about 2-3 only). There are very few 2/4 6max, though. The HH are slightly annoying, but the bonus IMO is worth it, and the avatars make it easy to remember who you've played against (fish, LAGs). I can clear at a rate of about 120 raked hands per hour 3 tabling -- not that bad, is it? Also, I don't get what people have against the software -- I think Prima has the worst, and everyone loves bonus whoring there. Granted it's not the best, but its not that terrible either.

EDIT: And just for the record, I don't think I've come across one TAG yet at a table.

Blackjack
06-21-2005, 06:16 AM
Even when I was a huge bonus whore, I avoided absolute like the plague.

Blackjack

J_B
06-21-2005, 06:34 AM
I stopped playing there because I had a bad run where the LAGs were all getting very lucky. That's just dumb luck, but what I remember. at 1/2 FR I found many rocks, probably mostly bonus whoring.

kiddj
06-21-2005, 08:34 AM
I just started Absolute and I've had the worst initial 1000 hand run ever. I would like to blame it on variance or my drunk play, but I can't.

If the $0.50/1 or $1/2 (full = 9) is beatable for a decent win rate, I must really suck. I did ok at the $2/4, but that may have been do to variance or other player's drunk play. It's pretty bad when I have to sign in to Poker Stars for an hour to make up for my Absolute losses.

I think the reason they give so many bonuses and allow rakeback at the same time is that if they didn't, NO ONE would play there.

RunDownHouse
06-21-2005, 09:07 AM
The games actually are that bad. I love the bonus/rakeback combo. If I can play breakeven, it adds at least $12/hr to my earn. The problem is that the 2/4 games are so, so awful. I see the same people all the time: often there are at least 2, maybe 3 of us 3-tabling all of the available 2/4 6max games. And while they are no experts, they certainly aren't as bad as normal players anywhere else. Of course, I'm in the middle of a frustrating breakeven stretch, so I may just be venting.

Still, I'm about ready to switch over to PS until I get up to 5/10.

LALDAAS
06-21-2005, 09:20 AM
I have been at Absolute for a week now. The bonus is cool along with RB I really cant complain.

The software sucks, I feel like I am at the circus. If I could make a mod I could be happy.

Table section is slim and The games are a little rockish but you can find 1 or 2.

I have yet to need to deal with the CS but I have heard they are pretty good.

benkath1
06-21-2005, 09:51 AM
Just give it a try. Clear the initial and see what you think. I personally hated it. I left 30 in my bonus account and wont miss it.

Eder
06-21-2005, 11:05 AM
Need to find the right table there...might need to play 3/6 or 5/10 at times, they often are the lagiest tables...1/2 is full of rocks trying to clear bonuses usually...2/4 can be good at times.

I usually scan the games but have Eurobet open so I dont need to join VP$IP 25% games.

At 2/4 up often 3-4 people always the same there so can remember how they play.

Win rate lower on Absolute, but the continuous bonus makes me keep trying haha.