View Full Version : Scarface

Eihli
06-21-2005, 02:41 AM

balkii
06-21-2005, 02:45 AM
worst poll, ever.

Tron
06-21-2005, 03:06 AM
We should be able to choose more than one.

Eihli
06-21-2005, 03:09 AM
If you think the over-protectiveness is caused by sexual attraction then choose sexual attraction.

Biloxi
06-21-2005, 03:43 AM
wtf? It never suggested he was attracted to her. She is crazy at the end when she sexually attacks him. She says he wont let anyone else have her so he must want her, which is not the case.

jakethebake
06-21-2005, 08:25 AM
Leave it to someone from Southwest Louisiana to come up with this. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

BK_
06-21-2005, 10:19 AM
of course he was sexually attracted to her. in the original scarface he was as well

Woolygimp
06-21-2005, 10:52 AM
If you watch the movie closely there is no question that incest was involved. I recommend watching the commentary as it explains how his attraction to his sister was more than just "brotherly love".

Howard Hawks Scarface (1932) also depicts the same incest as it is a core element of the plot. Hawks had to remove most of the "sexual incest scenes" because of their illicit nature but still overtoned the fact that Montana wanted to tap dat ass.

RYL
06-21-2005, 10:54 AM
He was definitely over-protective. Scarface is a pretty damn good movie, along with Donnie Brasco.

Woolygimp
06-21-2005, 11:00 AM
Watch the f***ing commentary, and actually read up on the plot before saying "He was definately overprotective" and making a false assumption, ryl.

RYL
06-21-2005, 11:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Watch the f***ing commentary, and actually read up on the plot before saying "He was definately overprotective" and making a false assumption, ryl.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't believe it's a false assumption. And no, I refuse to look at any commentary. I like to make my own conclusions based on what I see.

jakethebake
06-21-2005, 11:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't believe it's a false assumption. And no, I refuse to look at any commentary. I like to make my own conclusions based on what I see.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. Watching the commentary that says a bunch of [censored] that wasn't in the movie is just dumb. The director's commentary could also say he came to the U.S. to go to MIT to study to be a rocket scientist before he got held up in customs, but that wasn't in the movie.

Eihli
06-21-2005, 11:09 AM
If the director says in the commentary that their relationship was incestous, does that mean that we are all stupid for not picking up on it? Or, does it mean that the director failed in portraying it?

Woolygimp
06-21-2005, 11:15 AM
It's so obvious when watching the movie that you shouldn't NEED to look at the commentary. The director couldn't have made it more obvious, unless he wanted to add an actual incest scene where he grabs his sisters nipples. So if you think scarface was "just" over-protective you probaly should go back and polish those 2nd grade comprehension skills.

RYL
06-21-2005, 11:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It's so obvious when watching the movie that you shouldn't NEED to look at the commentary. The director couldn't have made it more obvious, unless he wanted to add an actual incest scene where he grabs his sisters nipples. So if you think scarface was "just" over-protective you probaly should go back and polish those 2nd grade comprehension skills.

[/ QUOTE ]

I sense anger.

jakethebake
06-21-2005, 11:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I sense anger.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybr this whole incest thing dragged up some buried memories.

RYL
06-21-2005, 11:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I sense anger.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybr this whole incest thing dragged up some buried memories.

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO.

KyleC
06-21-2005, 11:51 PM
anger leads to hate, hate leads to the dark side ^_^

istewart
06-22-2005, 12:10 AM
Few movies are more overrated than Scarface.

[censored]
06-22-2005, 12:12 AM
No idea but I didn't really care for Scarface and think it is vastly over-rated especially by rappers who appear on MTV cribs.

DemonDeac
06-22-2005, 12:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

BLASPHEMY!!!!!

Pat Southern
06-22-2005, 12:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
No idea but I didn't really care for Scarface and think it is vastly over-rated especially by rappers who appear on MTV cribs.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I had my way, I'd never work. I'd just stay home all day, watch Scarface 50 times, eat a turkey sandwich, and have sex all [censored] day. Then I'd dress up like a clown, and surprise kids at schools. Then I'd take a dump in the back of a movie theater, and just wait until somebody sat in it. Hear it squish. That's funny to me. Then I'd paint, and read, and play violin. I'd climb the mountains, and sing the songs that I like to sing. But I don't got that kinda time.

[censored]
06-22-2005, 12:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

BLASPHEMY!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored] istewart that kind of insight may get you OFF the ignore list.

BusterStacks
06-22-2005, 12:34 AM
Well, it's a good movie AND overrated, but one thing's for sure: Eihli, your posts are complete garbage, 100% of the time. I'm being totally serious.

milliondollaz
06-22-2005, 12:45 AM
tony was overprotective because his family was the only thing he could trust. he sees his "lost innocence" in his sister and decides to protect it, and tony don't break his word, or his balls, for nobody

SackUp
06-22-2005, 12:48 AM
you have received the first Polltard award in while.

Congrats

RYL
06-22-2005, 10:41 AM
"In this country, you gotta make the money first, Then when you get the money, you get the power, Then when you get the power, then you get the women." -Scarface

Eihli
06-22-2005, 12:22 PM
I didn't make this poll to entertain any of you. I'm trying to resolve an argument.

Tron
06-22-2005, 12:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I didn't make this poll to entertain any of you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good, because you sure as hell didn't.