PDA

View Full Version : Where did I go wrong in this hand??

bigredlemon
06-21-2005, 01:07 AM
7 Card Stud High-Low ($3/$6), Ante $0.50, Bring-In $1 (hand converter (http://www.geocities.com/greenage22/7StudConverter.hta.txt))

3rd Street - (1.17 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx T/images/graemlins/heart.gif___folds
Seat 2: xx xx Q/images/graemlins/club.gif___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif___completes
Seat 4: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif___folds
Hero: A/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif___brings-in___calls

4th Street - (5.17 SB)

Seat 3: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif___bets___calls
Hero: A/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif___raises
Seat 7: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif___folds

5th Street - (5.58 BB)

Seat 3: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls
Hero: A/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif___bets
Seat 7: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls

6th Street - (8.58 BB)

Seat 3: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls
Hero: A/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif___bets___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___raises

River - (14.58 BB)

Seat 3: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif xx___calls___calls
Hero: A/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif___checks___raises___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif xx___bets___raises

Total pot: (23.58 BB)

Should I have check/called 6th, flat called river?

bigredlemon
06-21-2005, 01:21 AM
Seat 7 had (Td 6d)
Seat 3 had (Ad 6s)
When should I have bee able to see that and slowed down?

Andy B
06-21-2005, 02:19 AM
I'm not crazy about the raise on fourth street. Your high shot isn't that good, and you may not have the best low draw.

I would probably bet sixth too, but checking is probably better. The 7 seat should have a made low, and there is an excellent chance that his redraw is to a better hand than the one you're drawing to. No guarantee that your Aces are good, either.

The river raise was poor, in my opinion. You don't have a particularly strong hand in either direction, and you can quite easily be shut out of this pot. I would check and hope that I only had to call one bet.

Wait more than 14 minutes before posting results.

bigredlemon
06-21-2005, 02:31 AM
excellent analysis as always Andy. After reading your thoughts, it makes me wonder why the obvious choice wasn't so plainly visible when I was playing the hand. Can I use you as a lifeline next time I overdo the LAG thing? /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Andy B
06-21-2005, 02:37 AM
Well, sure, but I don't think you can win enough in a $3/6 game to cover my fee. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

bigredlemon
06-21-2005, 03:08 AM
ceratinly not with the way i've been playing /images/graemlins/blush.gif