PDA

View Full Version : 10/20 limit, help on this hand please

phifediggy
06-20-2005, 10:04 PM
Party Poker (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, MP folds, Hero calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB bets, UTG calls, Hero calls, 2 fold, SB calls.

Turn: 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG bets, Hero ?

comments appreciated

wiseheart
06-20-2005, 11:11 PM
What I would do, flame the decision if you want,
is call, thus giving the chance for SB and BB
to call as well, whereas if you raised the bet,
you would probably push them out.
This is assuming the bettor is a solid player
and hold A56x or at least A5x or 56x
Then reraise if your flush comes up.
Just how I would do it.

StickyWicket
06-20-2005, 11:24 PM
First, you know your table. What have people been showing down? Nuts, second nuts, third nuts, or crap that we wouldn't even play in the magoo game at the MGM???

In a solid game, you're drawing to a 6 or a /images/graemlins/club.gif, but not the 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif for the nut high straight or nut flush...this is a clear call with what is likely a made low ahead of you and definitely a diamond flush draw lurking. You're probably quartered unless UTG is on the high hand only-highly unlikely if it's a solid game and he's in UTG...I'd peg him for A2xx. If you're in a loosey-goosey game, you can hope to drag an A6 along for some extra payoff--why raise him out? You've got definite payoff value if you DO hit your club flush or nut straight on the river, because you'll get the scoop and hit them for an extra bet on the river they have to pay off.

Just MHO.

Sticky /images/graemlins/heart.gif

BlueBear
06-21-2005, 12:33 AM
Raising the flop is worthy of consideration as at the flop your hand lacks quality redraws. Slowplaying here is overrated in my opinion and many cards can counterfeit your nut low. The table you are playing seems very loose and is even at the 10/20 level, players are going to call you with all kinds of hands (top two pair, over pair, non-nut flush draw, non-nut low draw).

gergery
06-21-2005, 02:43 AM
I'd have raised preflop,
I'd have raised on the flop, partly for information, partly to limit the competition.

You hand is nowhere near strong enough to slowplay.
Any A,2,3,4,5,6 or diamond could lose you half the pot or gets you 1/4th. Calling to keep SB in earns you 1SB. If he has any of those cards above and stays til the end he'll cost you at least 3SBs and probably more like 7. Find out now whether you're getting freerolled or are 3/4d