PDA

View Full Version : $109s - Interesting TT Hand

Unarmed
06-20-2005, 10:02 PM
Villain appears solid.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

UTG+1 (t1588)
Hero (t1720)
MP2 (t2250)
CO (t1120)
Button (t905)
SB (t690)
BB (t1157)
UTG (t570)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls t50, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises to t100</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Hero calls t50.

Flop: (t275) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets t150</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t375</font>

Freudian
06-20-2005, 10:08 PM
I guess you will find out the strength of his hand here. Very hard to interpret his flop bet. It could mean anything from "please let me have the chips" to "please step into my lair of eternal torment". If he calls the raise I would be done with the hand unless the turn improves my hand.

I also think if you fold here too often, the other regulars in the 109s will pick up on it.

Unarmed
06-20-2005, 10:41 PM
I check the sh*t out of pretty much everything, so yeah I am forced to mix it up. But frankly, the bulk of the $109 population isn't going to notice things like that. (correct me if I'm wrong)

PapiChulo503
06-21-2005, 12:19 AM
Just curious. Did you have somekind of read on the villain that allowed you to check raise?

This is what it looks like to me:

Preflop- you call and get min raised? Is min raising something you typically see at this level? With four people yet to act? I read somewhere that weak means strong, could that apply here?

Flop- that flop looks kinda scary to me. The board holds 3 of the 4 cards which you would rather not see. You have about 4 outs which makes you an 11 to 1 underdog. This looks like a check/fold to any sign of strength. Seems a little too early to be risking this many chips. Would you just toss it if he re-raises you all in?

I play the 10's and want to move to the 22's soon. Could you explain your thought process on this one?

thnx.

gumpzilla
06-21-2005, 12:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Villain appears solid.

[/ QUOTE ]

Appeared solid, maybe. I can't really figure out what hand he's minraising PF; a lot of people will do that with monsters, and I'd be more inclined to think that he'd do it with AA than JT, but it's still a little fishy.

Anyway, an opponent who hasn't been horsing around too much is probably not the person I want to pull this particular move on, just because that flop has so much potential to have hit him hard. If it hit him at all he's ahead, and barring hands like KQ or AT I don't think you get a fold out of him. (Do you fold AK here if you're villain?) He's highly unlikely to give you credit for a straight (limping from UTG with KT is unlikely) and probably isn't taking a set too seriously, either. Worse hands than you fold instantaneously, and are probably somewhat unlikely here.

It's confusing. What was your take on the PF minraise? If you think he's somewhat loose PF and fine after the flop, then I think this play is okay, but if he has largely been playing tight, somewhat solid poker then I think this c/r play is somewhat marginal - you need him to fold just under 50% of the time to make it breakeven chip EV, and I'm not sure how likely that is.

John Hurst
06-21-2005, 01:03 AM
I'm confused by your line. What hand/hand range do you put villain on?

Unarmed
06-21-2005, 08:13 AM
Yeah, the was a strange one. I really didn't have a read on Villain except that he hadn't gotten out of line up until this point. He stacked some other guy off with AK vs. AQ.

Anyway, when I see someone open min-raise I think AA or low-mid PP. (does that make sense?) The reason I came over the top on the flop wasn't really because I didn't believe he had AA or KK (though its clearly unlikely) but because I had shown absolutely no interest in the pot, so he's going to bet it a large percentage of the time. Because many of the hands he's betting with won't contain an Ace, they cannot withstand a C/R. I figured he'd release &gt;50% of the time so I threw out the 375. (my estimate of the least I needed to risk to get him to fold, anyone min-raise here?)

Anyway, he folded. I think I probably had the better hand, but I don't think I can play this any slower than I did OOP.

Fishy? /images/graemlins/grin.gif