PDA

View Full Version : Party is ending their WSOP sats on 06/22

Benal
06-20-2005, 09:24 PM
Party's login msg says they're ending their WSOP sats this Wednesday, including their WSOP Step sats. Of course, they don't say anything about what happens to those who have WSOP Step entries. I have about 8K worth, and I'll be damned if they just "expire". Anyone get a straight answer from Party?

FYI - See THIS (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=2443979&page=&view=&sb=5& o=&vc=1) thread for my discussions with Party (non)customer support regarding this issue.

Holm Fries
06-20-2005, 10:40 PM
I called them and of course got about a half hour run around. Initially, they told me that any freerolls left would be refunded once the tourney starts. But if you don't play them, they won't be refunded. Huh?

Long story short, here is what I understand.

- Wed. is the last day that you can buy into the steps with cash - the tourneys will still be played by players who had already bought in.
- In July, they will shut the promotion down to all entrants.
- In order to have freerolls refunded, you must play each at least once after Wed. and before the promotion ends in July.
- So for example, if you have 6 step 4 freerolls, you would have to play each at least one time after Wed. If you did this and ended up with 4 step 4 freerolls and 1 step 3 freeroll, you would be refunded the buy-in for those steps.

Of course knowing Party, all of this could be inaccurate or subject to change. I asked for them to email me with the same information, but of course they wouldn't. I am going to pester them in writing. I'll let you know what I find out.

Anyone else have any info?

HF

[ QUOTE ]
Party's login msg says they're ending their WSOP sats this Wednesday, including their WSOP Step sats. Of course, they don't say anything about what happens to those who have WSOP Step entries. I have about 8K worth, and I'll be damned if they just "expire". Anyone get a straight answer from Party?

FYI - See THIS (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=2443979&page=&view=&sb=5& o=&vc=1) thread for my discussions with Party (non)customer support regarding this issue.

[/ QUOTE ]

Holm Fries
06-20-2005, 11:04 PM
Of course this isn't what I was told, but promising nonetheless:

I had a long conversation with your customer service department today regarding what happens to WSOP Step Freerolls that are unused. I logged in this evening and noticed that suddenly Wed. is the last day of the promotion. I have no ability to play prior to Wednesday. Here is a summary of my conversation with your customer service department
today:

- Wed. is the last day that you can buy into the steps with cash - the tourneys will still be played by players who had already bought in.
- In July, you will shut the promotion down to all entrants.
- In order to have freerolls refunded, you must play each at least once after Wed. and before the promotion ends in July.
- So for example, if you have 6 step 4 freerolls, you would have to play each at least one time after Wed. If you did this and ended up with 4 step 4 freerolls and 1 step 3 freeroll, you would be refunded the buy-in for those steps.

Please confirm or correct my understanding of this promotion.
__________________________________________________ ________

Thank you for contacting us.

With regards to your email, I would like to inform you that the WSOP satellites, WSOP qualifiers and WSOP Steps are going to be stopped on 22nd of June, i.e. next Wednesday.

I request you to use your freerolls before this period. If you have any freeroll for any of the above mentioned tournament and is not used after the deadline the amount will be refunded to your account.

Note: Please do not disclose your password to any individual/organization claiming to represent us. We will never ask you for the password to your account. If you receive any email or phone call from anyone requesting you to provide your password please report it to us immediately.

Our Customer Care Department is available 24/7 to assist you via email.

Thank you for choosing us as your online gaming site!

X-Factor
06-21-2005, 12:30 AM
I called Party today and spoke to a supervisor about this issue. Their response was that a decision on this would be "made by management" AFTER the deadline. I was also told that it was likely the freeroll would be lost completely if not used.

This treatment completely sucks. They keep saying these steps are a "freeroll" but that is complete crap. When you move up each step...every entry is completely paid by the money players put into the steps. In fact, Party makes a ton of rake off the entry fee they take out of each step entry. I have been playing step 4 thru 6 for weeks...I get no money after each step (other then a higher entry) and Party gets a big entry rake each time. The fact that Party is threatening to take away people's step entries (ON TOP OF THIS RAKE) is complete bullshit. In fact, it is outright theft if you ask me. Party gives absolutely NOTHING for each level entry player's gain.

I hope Party loses a ton of players over this scam. I would never play these tournaments again after this crap.