PDA

View Full Version : Yankee Announcers

hoopsie44
06-20-2005, 09:06 PM
These Yankee announcers on the YES network are something else. Besides being flaming homers, Jim Kaat tonight has said three times that the Rays took 3 of 4 from the Yanks earlier this year at Yankee Stadium. In actuality, they split 2 games at Yankee Stadium and the Rays took 3 of 4 in Tampa. Just amazing that nobody associated with the broadcast would tell Kaat that he's stated the same misinformation three times.

Voltron87
06-20-2005, 09:15 PM
You realize that YES is the Yankee network? They also show blatant propaganda like Yankeeography, its just not fair and balanced and totally gives a blowjob to the player in question. The games they choose as "classic" are also biased, they should show other teams hitting walk off hrs too.

sublime
06-20-2005, 09:24 PM
of course i am biased, but listening to jerry remy every night is pure pleasure.

hoopsie44
06-20-2005, 09:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You realize that YES is the Yankee network? They also show blatant propaganda like Yankeeography.

[/ QUOTE ]

What does being the in house Yankee network have to do with an announcer making a factual misstatement on three separate occasions? I never expect fair and balanced reporting from YES. But out and out factual errors is bush league.

sublime
06-20-2005, 09:32 PM
What does being the in house Yankee network have to do with an announcer making a factual misstatement on three separate occasions? I never expect fair and balanced reporting from YES. But out and out factual errors is bush league.

it happens on fox every saturday

hoopsie44
06-20-2005, 09:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
of course i am biased, but listening to jerry remy every night is pure pleasure.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, just like all of New England loved the always objective Johnny Most.

Voltron87
06-20-2005, 09:34 PM
are you talking about the 3/4 2/2 thing? that is really not worth getting your panties in a bunch over.

hoopsie44
06-20-2005, 09:36 PM
Joe Buck is too busy honing his comedy act to pay attention to the action on the field.

sublime
06-20-2005, 09:37 PM

believe me, its different. hes a red sox guy, but knows the game and is a pleasure to listen to.

hoopsie44
06-20-2005, 09:39 PM
That's what I was referring to. I know it's a minor deal in the big picture. Just bugs me when he continually spews wrong info. You think the producer or stat guy in the booth would advise him of it.

Voltron87
06-20-2005, 09:40 PM
"Leadership... performance under pressure... you are watching a live Yankeeography"

that was really funny, ill give him that. but otherwise buck and mccarver are awful.

hoopsie44
06-20-2005, 09:41 PM
No, I agree with you. I've heard Remy a few times and I think he's an excellent announcer.

Voltron87
06-20-2005, 09:43 PM
I really dont think theres someone fact checking stupid crap like that.

If I go watch NESN (thats the pats/sox, right?) im not going to run complaining about how biased it is, because I have a clue.

Toro
06-20-2005, 10:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]

believe me, its different. hes a red sox guy, but knows the game and is a pleasure to listen to.

[/ QUOTE ]

What the heck you talking about? Most did the Celts and all though I loved the guy, I don't know if his raspy voice was a pleasure to listen to.

andyfox
06-20-2005, 10:33 PM
When I was a kid, they had Red Barber, who had been fired by the Dodgers, in a cost-cuting move by Walter O'Malley (replaced by Vin Scully); Mel Allen ("going, going, gone") and the young guy Phil Rizzuto. I hated Red Barber; but he's now considered a giant in the industry, I guess because of his pioneering status. He would tell endless stories and basically ignore the game. I loved Mel Allen, beause he was such a homer, but he was an awful announcer. Phil Rizzuto was basically always unlistenable.

For a year or two they got Joe Garagiola and that was entertaining, even though the team had collapsed at that time.

sublime
06-20-2005, 10:39 PM
What the heck you talking about? Most did the Celts and all though I loved the guy, I don't know if his raspy voice was a pleasure to listen to.

huh? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Los Feliz Slim
06-20-2005, 10:43 PM
For some strange, sick reason, I actually sort of like the YES network. It's very difficult to explain. I especially enjoy the extremely ugly woman (formerly a man?) who was so enraged after Pedro tossed Zim.

Remdawg obviously rules, he and Don make a great team.

There will be absolutely NO talking bad about Johnny Most allowed.

mason55
06-20-2005, 10:47 PM
They were saying on ESPN that YES is actually a much more valuable property than the Yankees. I thought that was interesting although it makes complete sense when you think about it.

Jake (The Snake)
06-21-2005, 03:35 AM
The Yankee announcers are actually no worse than other announcers around the majors. I have MLBtv and watch games on it all the time and hear ridiculous bias every day. Just a few days ago, the Washington announcer actually yelled, "Come on Chief, let's get out of the jam!"

I'm a Yankee fan and have never seen their announcers openly rooting for them on the air.

ethan
06-21-2005, 05:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The Yankee announcers are actually no worse than other announcers around the majors. I have MLBtv and watch games on it all the time and hear ridiculous bias every day. Just a few days ago, the Washington announcer actually yelled, "Come on Chief, let's get out of the jam!"

I'm a Yankee fan and have never seen their announcers openly rooting for them on the air.

[/ QUOTE ]

The White Sox and Diamondbacks announcers are terrible in this respect. MLB.tv has given me a new appreciation for NESN.

Toro
06-21-2005, 07:33 AM
I remember when Johnny Pesky was doing the Red Sox broadcasts. Whenever a Sox hitter hit into a DP or did something similarly negative, you could hear him very audibly groaning. Makes me chuckle just thinking about it.

hoopsie44
06-21-2005, 07:44 AM
Sublime was talking about Jerry Remy being a pleasure to listen to, not Johnny Most.

sublime
06-21-2005, 11:19 AM
MLB.tv has given me a new appreciation for NESN.

rick suticliffe last night-

"wells is getting squeezed by the ump"

after the next pitch

"wells has lost control of the strike zone"

/images/graemlins/smile.gif

hoopsie44
06-21-2005, 11:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bobby Murcer and Michael Kay come very close. I won't even talk about John Sterling on the radio side.

Toro
06-21-2005, 12:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I won't even talk about John Sterling on the radio side.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't he the guy with the ultra annoying "THAAAAAAAAAAA YANKEES WIN, THAAAAAAAAAA YANKEES WIN". If he is, I can't stand that guy! /images/graemlins/mad.gif

hoopsie44
06-21-2005, 03:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I won't even talk about John Sterling on the radio side.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't he the guy with the ultra annoying "THAAAAAAAAAAA YANKEES WIN, THAAAAAAAAAA YANKEES WIN". If he is, I can't stand that guy! /images/graemlins/mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That's him. Been a Yankee fan all my life but if I'm in my car I have to wait to get home and watch because I won't put the game on radio and have to listen to him.