PDA

View Full Version : note taking

ihaveapigyo
06-20-2005, 08:58 PM
ok, i'm working on keeping notes on all of the players at my table. here's how my notes on a player looks like:

Player type:
Can this player be bluffed:

Hands I've seen:
Times caught bluffing:
Blind fold:

The reason that there is a space after "Can this player be bluffed" is because John Juanda told me that those were the two most important things I should remember. I also wonder if I should be recording their betting patterns once in a while (but I don't know when)

Anyway, sometimes it's difficult to know when you can take notes because there's so much going on at the table. So my question is, do you think it would be a good idea if I just took notes on a certain amount of players at a time? 2 or 3 maybe? Thanks!

jman220
06-20-2005, 10:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ok, i'm working on keeping notes on all of the players at my table. here's how my notes on a player looks like:

Player type:
Can this player be bluffed: Use Pokertracker (WSD)

Hands I've seen: Use Pokertracker.
Times caught bluffing: Use Pokertracker (W$SD)
Blind fold: Use. Pokertracker. (Folded SB to Steal)

The reason that there is a space after "Can this player be bluffed" is because John Juanda told me that those were the two most important things I should remember. I also wonder if I should be recording their betting patterns once in a while (but I don't know when)

Anyway, sometimes it's difficult to know when you can take notes because there's so much going on at the table. So my question is, do you think it would be a good idea if I just took notes on a certain amount of players at a time? 2 or 3 maybe? Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

If you dont have it, get pokertracker, most of what you have listed there can be seen by using pokertracker, and then running a plugin like gametime to overlay those stats onto the player. I generally use notes to note when a player continuously does somethign that is unusual, or nonstandard. I do use some general notes too, though, to reinforce the pokertracker stats such as Calling Station, (so I agree with you about keeping notes on whether or not a player is capable of laying down a hand to a bluff, to reinforce the PT stats).

PokerCat69
06-20-2005, 11:00 PM
I just keep track of which players don't defend their blinds and steal from them time and time again. Folding when they push back of course.

trainslayer
06-21-2005, 08:33 PM
I always note the date when I make a note on a player.