PDA

View Full Version : To those of you who don't have The Go! Team's Album

MEbenhoe
06-20-2005, 08:52 PM
What is wrong with you? Do you have something against great music?

I got it sent to me today and it is purely spectacular.

Macdaddy Warsaw
06-20-2005, 08:56 PM
Um...I thought it wasn't released in America. That seems like it could cause some problems. I bought it off iTunes, so that route is still open. The thing is there are some problematic samples on the album, so with our copyright laws, it can't be released.

kerssens
06-20-2005, 08:56 PM
I have no idea what you're talking about.

spamuell
06-20-2005, 08:59 PM
What with all the hype, I downloaded it and listened to it a few times.

It was mediocre.

And for all you copyright pedants, don't worry, if I liked it I had no intention of buying it. <font color="white"> POTD</font>

MEbenhoe
06-20-2005, 09:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What with all the hype, I downloaded it and listened to it a few times.

It was mediocre.

[/ QUOTE ]

booooooooooooo

mantasm
06-20-2005, 09:04 PM
i don't like it.

Shilly
06-20-2005, 09:11 PM
I like it, but it has a kind of a 70's Crappy-Action-Show Theme Music quality to it.

istewart
06-20-2005, 09:27 PM
How can you accuse people of having something against good music when you just got it today?

WillMagic
06-20-2005, 09:29 PM
So far it's very good...not mind-blowing, but quite good.

Then again, I'm only in about two tracks...and it does seem like the kind of music that grows on you.

Will

MEbenhoe
06-20-2005, 09:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How can you accuse people of having something against good music when you just got it today?

[/ QUOTE ]

I knew of it and had heard it before today. I just today happen to own it. Plus it was clearly a joke anyways.

Eurotrash
06-20-2005, 10:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I knew of it and had heard it before today. I just today happen to own it. Plus it was clearly a joke anyways.

[/ QUOTE ]

Be honest, this was just a thread to show everybody that you're one of those too cool for school indie type music lovers /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

mason55
06-20-2005, 10:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Be honest, this was just a thread to show everybody that you're one of those too cool for school indie type music lovers /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

If that's what he was trying to show then this was a terrible way to do it. He's way too late on this album to look "cool" to anyone who would actually care.

Eurotrash
06-20-2005, 10:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If that's what he was trying to show then this was a terrible way to do it. He's way too late on this album to look "cool" to anyone who would actually care.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hm.. this is a good point, but it still had the flavor of one of those posts that goes a little something like:

OP - You people should be castrated if you don't have [album that few outside the indie loop have ever heard of!]

reply - huh?

informed reply - yeah, this one is great!

and in the end the OP ends up looking like some kind of trailblazer for opening the world of this new band to other people. it's a slippery slope and the thread devolves into a pissing contest about who can start naming the least well known bands /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

i should issue the disclaimer here that I actually took somebody's advice about this album and downloaded a bunch of tracks; they're quite catchy.

Macdaddy Warsaw
06-20-2005, 11:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I like it, but it has a kind of a 70's Crappy-Action-Show Theme Music quality to it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought they used a sample from the A-Team in one song.

MEbenhoe
06-20-2005, 11:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no, I actually hate those people and have made fun of them in the past. I honestly just absolutely love this album. The over the topness of my original statement was merely hyperbole.

captZEEbo1
06-21-2005, 10:10 AM
I love it too wheeee