PDA

View Full Version : Stepping in between 'em.

TripleH68
06-20-2005, 08:21 PM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Super lag has been making the classic mistake of cold-calling too many preflop raises because "you guys raise too much and usually just have overs."

Table coach and this guy have been going at it including a recent hand where lag called his raise with T9 and beat his AQ drawing out on the turn.

How do you like my play stepping in between? Lag is short-stacked.

Preflop: Hero is Button with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 :#A500AF(table coach)/ raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB :#A500AF(super lag)/ calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 :#A500AF(table coach)/ caps</font>, Hero calls, BB :#A500AF(super lag)/ calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">super lag bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">table coach raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">super lag 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">table coach caps</font>, Hero calls, super lag calls $0.50 (All-In).

Turn: (11.87 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>
table coach checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, table coach calls.

River: (13.87 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>
table coach checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>...

Felipe
06-20-2005, 08:27 PM
What are you doing calling around with TT? You have a queen on board and two lunatics going at it. I prefer holding the nuts (or near nuts) and being in the middle of two f**king lunatics like you have here! HAHA Nice table btw Wish I could find these [censored] retards at .5/1!

WAIT! you bet the turn when a K hits? ok ok. You have to explain that one. (i'm pretty surprised table coach didn't ckraise ya)

I know the results now, but I don't usually forget about the guy all in, he could have us beat, and I don't want him having more of my money! I wouldn't bet the river there. Chance for a free showdown, i'd take it.

A_C_Slater
06-20-2005, 08:29 PM
Aren't table coaches usually weak tight? This seems like chip spewing to AC. I would fold to the table coach raise on the flop.

toss
06-20-2005, 08:30 PM
Do you really think you hand beats TC here?

ihardlyknowher
06-20-2005, 08:30 PM
Fold the flop. Not the time to do this. River bet is horrendous.

CashFlo
06-20-2005, 08:34 PM
fold flop. fold turn. DEFINITELY do not bet river.

poker-penguin
06-20-2005, 08:39 PM
Preflop - Raising here seems fine to me. It's an LP open raise, so table coach has a wide range of hands (especially since he fancies himself a playa).

Flop - maybe I'm weak-tight, but I think the best play here is folding. Given the history between these guys, you'd have to guess it's going to be capped, and I'm just not confident enough in TT to put 4sb in here, especially since you're not getting any future money out of LAG but he is going to get a free look at turn and river.

Turn - You're committed now, although I would be worried if I got CRed here and don't think TT is strong enough to value bet, so I'd probably check behind.

River - I don't see you driving him out with a better hand, and I don't see him calling with &lt;TT, check for a free showdown.

My possibly weak tight opinion for what little it is worth is that you shouldn't have hung around when the flop got crazy.

TripleH68
06-20-2005, 08:53 PM
Before I post results...

I must agree that the river bet looks bad. The table coach must be putting me on at least a Q given the way I played the hand...
but surely will not be folding anything that beats me for one more? Maybe JJ?

But I like the way I played through the turn. How can anyone be so sure I am behind on the flop? Given player reads...

A_C_Slater
06-20-2005, 08:57 PM
You didn't really give a read on Table coach other than calling him a table coach and table coaches usually become table coaches by reading a few weak tight articles online and in magazines.

TripleH68
06-20-2005, 09:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You didn't really give a read on Table coach other than calling him a table coach and table coaches usually become table coaches by reading a few weak tight articles online and in magazines.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, more info on table coach. 37%/7%/1.55 over 87 hands.
Been spouting off about percentages and odds over the last several orbits, especially pointing out what a bad player the lag was. He has a vendetta against the lag and probably thought he could push me out of the pot...

His view of me is thinking TAG.

A_C_Slater
06-20-2005, 09:03 PM
So you think TC is on tilt?

I don't think a table coach is ever capping without at least AA-JJ, AK,AQ. And possibly remove the AQ and JJ.

TripleH68
06-20-2005, 09:25 PM
Table coach folded.
All-in LAG had 64s.
MHIG.

LAG berates me before leaving the table "how could you possibly think TT was good there?"

I replied "I didn't."

Table coach got real quiet for a couple minutes.

Felipe
06-22-2005, 09:42 PM
looking the hand over again, I think coach has ATs or AJs or something...raising with the nut flush draw for value. and check calling on the turn, and folding to the last bet. (he IS weak...folds for one bet with 14BB in the pot..)