PDA

View Full Version : 865 3 handed laydown?

Gamblor
06-20-2005, 08:13 PM
at first i thought so but now not so much given reads.

I dont even think I played this hand well from the get go.

UB 10-20. Button is a lag at HE and he challenged me HU 3draw. not great and i slowed him down at HU 2-7.

new joiner, SB is just plain awful. like too loose, too passive, etc. etc.

3 handed. button openraises, SB calls, I get 98643 and 3-bet, button calls, SB calls.

SB draws 2, I draw 1, catch a 5 for a 86543, button draws 2.

SB checks, I bet, button raises, SB calls 2 cold, I 3-bet, button caps, SB calls, I call.

button would cap here with any 7 draw but possibly also a made 9 or 8, SB i have no idea. likely a rough 7 draw but he never raises anyway so he has a fair range of hands.

3 to the 2nd draw ($210). SB draws one, I stand pat, button stands pat.

I plan to call the button down barring anything odd from SB... so what happens?

SB checks, I check, button bets, SB raises.

I think, and muck.

dibbs
06-20-2005, 08:22 PM
SBs checkraise is a pretty nasty sign for you, especially if he is somewhat passive in general, then again people do really funny things in TD, I've seen passive players all of a sudden decide to come to life and push 87s like crazy which really doesn't fit their passive character.

I think you have button beat but SB worries me, I don't know, depends on the feel of the game but if you think button won't three bet it I'd be tempted.

timprov
06-20-2005, 10:20 PM
I'm not thrilled with this starting hand, but in the blind you're probably stuck with it. There are a lot of lines you might take with this hand, but none of them are really any good. Even as the resident forum LAG, I think your three-bets are both pretty thin at best. If I was confident in being ahead of button, I would probably call the second round raise and bet out the third in hopes of isolating. Then you can easily flee from a SB 3-bet.

I do think this is a good fold though.

fnord_too
06-20-2005, 10:30 PM
Man, the sb c/r is just nasty. Good laydown I think, though very hard.

Diplomat
06-20-2005, 11:33 PM
Ugly river. Imo it is easier to play though if you bet the river.

-Diplomat

somapopper
06-21-2005, 02:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not thrilled with this starting hand, but in the blind you're probably stuck with it. There are a lot of lines you might take with this hand, but none of them are really any good. Even as the resident forum LAG, I think your three-bets are both pretty thin at best. If I was confident in being ahead of button, I would probably call the second round raise and bet out the third in hopes of isolating. Then you can easily flee from a SB 3-bet.

I do think this is a good fold though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think a 3 bet after the first draw would be better if you didn't three bet the start, but this hand is really stuck in a pretty hard place after the first draw. You've got a very rough 86 that you can't break, and given the action, it's pretty unlikely anybody's drawing to a worse hand, and you know they aren't gonna go away. I'd be pretty confidant I was beat here once anybody stopped drawing.