PDA

View Full Version : call an all in with a draw on the bubble?

loose passive
06-20-2005, 07:39 PM
In what situations are you going to call all in with a draw on the bubble?

PokerStars $11 No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t150 (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Play had been really tight on the bubble. No one really making any moves besides small preflop raises followed by folds. Villain had built his stack early in the tourney. He had not been doing to much lately though. He had seen me playing very aggressive a few hands back when I pushed him out of a few pots and he made a statement about my play along the lines of "I'll call next time you push".

On this hand I was going to push all in on the flop, but the villain beat me to it. So should I now call with my draw or wait for the bubble to burst or for a better spot?

BB (t2225)
Hero (t2680)
Button (t4945)
SB (t3650)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t450</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls t375, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (t1050) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets t3200 (All-In)</font>, Hero?

Benholio
06-20-2005, 07:41 PM
Definately not. This is a bad call even if it isn't the bubble. Being on the bubble makes it worse.

loose passive
06-20-2005, 09:30 PM
Anybody think of calling here at all?

What would need to be different for you to call? Bigger stack for hero? smaller stack?

wookie
06-20-2005, 10:01 PM
well, if SB is tossing in their last 200 or so, it's an easy call...

Considering why SB called PF, I'm thinking middle pair or overs. In either case you aren't getting the odds to call.

- w

lastchance
06-20-2005, 10:19 PM
If Hero had only 1k or so left (maybe more), I think I make the call. Here, I doubt you're getting the good odds you need.

KingDan
06-20-2005, 10:56 PM
I hate to say I'm thinking about a call.Won't his opp try to milk more with a set/two pair?

Flush draw +two overs + dead money.

AA suited
06-21-2005, 12:23 AM
13 outs (flush draw + 2overs) is 1.08:1 odds to the river

assuming you have all 13 outs, you have the odds. but that's a big assumption. what if he had an overpair? or A7? or 2 pair. or if one of the opponents had one of your outs.

on the other hand, this also smells of a stop n go.

raptor517
06-21-2005, 01:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
13 outs (flush draw + 2overs) is 1.08:1 odds to the river

assuming you have all 13 outs, you have the odds. but that's a big assumption. what if he had an overpair? or A7? or 2 pair. or if one of the opponents had one of your outs.

on the other hand, this also smells of a stop n go.

[/ QUOTE ]

would actuallly be 15, and he would be ahead if he was against an 8 with no diamonds and no shared cards. i dont care though, im folding all day holla

adanthar
06-21-2005, 01:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
would actuallly be 15, and he would be ahead if he was against an 8 with no diamonds and no shared cards. i dont care though, im folding all day holla

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? He's the shortest stack and getting odds. Depending on what you put SB on, I think I call here. Hell, you even have a backdoor straight for another out and change. holla

raptor517
06-21-2005, 01:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Really? He's the shortest stack and getting odds. Depending on what you put SB on, I think I call here. Hell, you even have a backdoor straight for another out and change. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

2200 chips left if he folds, and bb is 150. absolutely no reason to call for a coinflip. holla

adanthar
06-21-2005, 01:50 AM
1.4:1 for a coinflip when you've got 13 BB and not much FE into an aggressive big stack if you fold...that buys you a fruit plate somewhere. holla

Nottom
06-21-2005, 03:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
1.4:1 for a coinflip when you've got 13 BB and not much FE into an aggressive big stack if you fold...that buys you a fruit plate somewhere. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't have much FE with 13BB?

loose passive
06-21-2005, 07:32 PM
Well, I called. I figured at best villain had was either 2 over cards or the PP 99-JJ.

Villain had the best possible hand I could have wished for.
He shows me K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

My hand holds up and I double through and go on to take the tourney.

/images/graemlins/smile.gif

ilya
06-21-2005, 07:40 PM
To decide whether this coinflip to take, flip a coin I would. I don't like always calling or always folding here.