PDA

View Full Version : I liked it better the first time I saw it...

__Q__
06-20-2005, 07:06 PM
when it was called Risky Business.

I'm watching the Girl Next Door on demand right now and its the worst cheap rip off of a movie I've ever seen. Its one thing to borrow the plot and themes and characters from Risky Business, but it even copies the sound track for couple key scenes. Thats where I draw the line. If your directing this thing, don't steal everything, bring something new to it. Or else, just admitt your remaking Risky Business and call it what it is--a poorly done unneeded remake.

The screen writer, director and producers need to line up for well deserved stooge slap for making this piece of crap.

Anyway, this gets my vote for worst ripoff of a movie, can you think of any worse?

miajag81
06-20-2005, 07:18 PM
Elisha Cuthbert is a lot hotter than Rebecca DeMornay. That counts for something at least.

thatpfunk
06-20-2005, 07:20 PM
The Last Samurai, when it was called Dances with Wolves.

jakethebake
06-20-2005, 07:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Elisha Cuthbert is a lot hotter than Rebecca DeMornay.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an excellent point. By my calculations, she is approx. 106x hotter.

Amid Cent
06-20-2005, 07:23 PM
Any movie that has come out in the last 5 years since Gladiator that has called itself an "Epic".

__Q__
06-20-2005, 07:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Elisha Cuthbert is a lot hotter than Rebecca DeMornay.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an excellent point. By my calculations, she is approx. 106x hotter.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the precise reason I decided to watch the movie in the first place.

Yeti
06-20-2005, 07:27 PM
Very weird coincidence, I've owned this film for at least 6 months and have finally got around to watching it tonight.

I will report back later.

jcmack13
06-20-2005, 07:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Anyway, this gets my vote for worst ripoff of a movie, can you think of any worse?

[/ QUOTE ]

In terms of difference in quality between original and remake, the answer has to be "Casablanca" and Pamela Anderson's "Barb Wire".

ThaSaltCracka
06-20-2005, 07:35 PM
any teen comedy that came out after American Pie or Road Trip.

trying2learn
06-20-2005, 07:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Any movie that has come out in the last 5 years since Gladiator that has called itself an "Epic".

[/ QUOTE ]

no - since braveheart

__Q__
06-20-2005, 08:02 PM
Oddly enough though, Road Trip is a movie that needs to be remade. Atleast they need to reshoot the ending.

It should have ended a little something like this:

He finally gets down to his old girlfriends place just in time to intercept the movie. Then she basically tells him that she doesn't want him any more. He should have handed her the amy smart sex tape, and walked out. Stop shooting end of movie. It would have been perfect ending to that movie.

The whole tom green taped over the whole thing anyway was absolutely retarded. The first hour and 15 minutes of Road Trip deserved so much better.

Yeti
06-20-2005, 08:02 PM
Hmm, I could review the movie, but really, who cares?

Damn, Elisha is hot.

Godfather80
06-20-2005, 08:16 PM
You'll find the same problem in the third act of "Old School". For some reason, the writers and producers of movies like "Road Trip" and "Old School" forget about what made the first two acts good and revert to some moralistic cop out bullshit in the third.

To see what happens when a writer doesn't [censored] the bed, check out "In the Company of Men".