PDA

View Full Version : PLO hand 2

gergery
06-20-2005, 06:39 PM
$200 PLO8 $200 game.

Seat 7 is the button
Total number of players : 9
Seat 4: EP ( $162.43 ) Player 1 has A/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Seat 2: MP ( $265.65 ) Player 2 has A/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif
small blind [$1].
big blind [$2].
** Dealing down cards **
1 folds.
EP calls [$2].
1 fold
MP raises [$6].
3 folds
Random guy calls [$4].
EP 2 calls [$4].
** Dealing Flop ** [ 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif ]
Random guy checks.
EP checks.
MP bets [$18.05].
RG folds.
EP raises [$45].
MP raises [$135].
EP Pushes allin

Does anyone play this different if they are EP?
Does anyone play this different if they are MP?

Phat Mack
06-20-2005, 09:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone play this different if they are EP?
Does anyone play this different if they are MP?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's hard to say without knowing haw EP and MP read each other.

MP: I would probably bet-call the flop. MP is open-ended, drawing to a 5 or T, preferably not spades, and has a couple of spade blockers. He is also drawing to a non-ace and a non-deuce. I see six great cards, while six A's or 2's and 9 board pairs (and perhaps some spades) cause trouble. I'd want to see the turn card before committing. Some good things can happen to MP's hand, but they haven't happened yet.

BlueBear
06-21-2005, 12:42 AM
Preflop: EP has a hand worthy of an instant raise, and plays well in a thinned field, which I'll personally do every time. MP's raise is pointless with a hand with low cards as this type of hand plays much better in a multi-way pot. Raising will undesirably thin the field.

Postflop:

EP has the upper hand with extra outs and counterfeit protection. I agree with the first bet and the next raise but I think EP should call the raise and only commit all the chips on the turn if a non counterfeiting card appears.

gergery
06-21-2005, 02:27 AM
[censored], sorry, I have the hands backward.

EP had the A269 and limped preflop.
MP had the A2KK and raised.

EP then checkraised the flop with nutlow and weak protection +OESD with weak flushdraw.

MP then pushed with nutlow and overpair and A-hi bluff card.

EP and MP were both reasonably tight (VPIP in high 20s) and likely saw each other as decent players. They had tangled on one pot previously where EP had also check-raised and MP had folded.

--Greg

JoshuaMayes
06-21-2005, 08:48 AM
If I was EP, I would have raised preflop. If I had limped for some reason, I definitely would have re-raised when it came back to me. MP should not be raising with that hand, IMO, as it will not hit the flop hard enough to take alot of heat very often and when it does, I want customers. If MP thinks EP is weak and will check-fold most flops because of MP's preflop raise, then perhaps I would do it.

On the flop, I would try to get all-in with either of the hands and live with the results.

gergery
06-22-2005, 03:59 PM
I was MP with the A269. I caught my 5 on the turn to ¾ him.

It seems as tho my equity was strong enough to jam him here, and indeed vs. his actual hand I had 60% equity or so.

Based on comments I think it seems I was a bit overaggressive, but not a lot, and I still think it was the right play.

-g