PDA

View Full Version : Royal Flush:Best line to make da $$$?

thejameser
06-20-2005, 05:40 PM
4/8 Live- 8 handed

No real reads, like my 13th hand at table. Fairly passive table on the tightish side thus far.

Hero is MP+3 with A /images/graemlins/club.gif10 /images/graemlins/club.gif

3 folds, UTG+2 wimps, Hero raises, 3 folds, wimper calls.

2 to the flop

Flop- J /images/graemlins/club.gifA /images/graemlins/heart.gifQ /images/graemlins/club.gif

wimper bets, Hero raises, wimper calls

Turn- K /images/graemlins/club.gif

wimper checks, Hero bets, wimper raises, Hero?

i'm leaving work for home so it will be a bit before i can check back. i am curious about 3 betting or just calling and trying to pop an extra bet on the river. please discuss.

mosta
06-20-2005, 05:45 PM
this exact comparison of line was in a mid high post like yesterday. call the turn and raise the river = 4 BB's. 3B the turn and bet the river = 4 BB's. 3B the turn may be more likely to get a cap out of him. river if he doesn't improve he's more likely not to call that raise. but some guys liked the river raise better. party just for variation. I forget.

SeaEagle
06-20-2005, 06:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
but some guys liked the river raise better. party just for variation.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah. I 3-bet the turn with about 70% of my Royals and wait till the river on the other 30%.

Dariel86
06-20-2005, 06:12 PM
Now you know how to extract to most of it when you get the RF the next time. This might have been one of the big leaks in your game. I wouldn't be surprised to see your bb/100 go up with, say, 2.7

keikiwai
06-20-2005, 07:16 PM
I wish I could do this calculation, since it would mean that I have had at least 10 royals..... I got 1.... I 3 bet the turn 100% of the time /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

thejameser
06-20-2005, 07:19 PM
i'm home. most people probably think i posted this to show off the fact that i hit a royal. truthfully, this hand is about extracting the most out of an opponent, especially HU, when you are very far ahead. what's the best hand this guy could have? a 9 high flush? he has two pair, an ace, a set, or a straight. regardless, he is so far behind, and my image is fairly tight, if i 3 bet this he will slow down, possibly fearing i have a flush so i think there is a chance he folds to an outright river bet and likely a check would get checked through. remember the semi-read i gave on the table, tight passive. anyway, i called and raised the river hoping for a 3 bet back; he only called to show a straight K high. anyway, that was my line. i'm not saying it was the best, but its what seemed reasonable at the time.

bambi
06-20-2005, 07:32 PM
I 3 bet, for the simple fact if he holds two pair or a set and completes to his boat, you may get a cap out of the river, also if he has a straight and the fourth club hits, you aint getting much action

sy_or_bust
06-20-2005, 07:36 PM
Here a 3-bet is easy, IMO. There are 2 hands passive guy will often have (a made straight or flush/draw), and he's not folding either of them. When he has the straight and the fourth club falls, he's rarely paying 2BB on the river. Same with a baby flush draw. Definitely 3-bet.

nepenthe
06-20-2005, 08:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i'm home. most people probably think i posted this to show off the fact that i hit a royal. truthfully, this hand is about extracting the most out of an opponent, especially HU, when you are very far ahead. what's the best hand this guy could have? a 9 high flush? he has two pair, an ace, a set, or a straight. regardless, he is so far behind, and my image is fairly tight, if i 3 bet this he will slow down, possibly fearing i have a flush so i think there is a chance he folds to an outright river bet and likely a check would get checked through. remember the semi-read i gave on the table, tight passive. anyway, i called and raised the river hoping for a 3 bet back; he only called to show a straight K high. anyway, that was my line. i'm not saying it was the best, but its what seemed reasonable at the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me go out on a limb and say, "wrong forum."

thejameser
06-20-2005, 08:28 PM
4/8 is not small stakes? what do you mean wrong forum? it was only HU because the other 8 folded.