PDA

View Full Version : Joe Biden to run for in 08

[censored]
06-20-2005, 04:13 PM
Story (http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/06/20/biden.2008.ap/index.html)

He is too liberal to ever get my vote but I think he is a damn strong candidate and the Democrates could do much worse.

Can he beat Hillary? I think so.

JackWhite
06-20-2005, 04:21 PM
I wonder if his plagerism from the '88 campaign will be an issue the media focuses on? In fairness to him, they really shouldn't. He made a mistake, got caught, and dropped out then. I think his temper will eventually catch up to him. I have seen him lose it a couple of times, even though he usually comes off as a decent guy.

ChristinaB
06-20-2005, 04:43 PM
Old stories always come back. You think Fox will say nothing?

I'd like to say that it is good that Joe got his hair back before he decided to run again. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Greg J
06-20-2005, 05:01 PM
I don't think he will be a viable nominee. He has been a Senator too long, which does not hurt him so much in the primary as in the general election. He does, after all, have a 30+ year (!!!) record in the Senate, and let's face it, when you have been in the Senate that long you have ammased a voting record that will inevitably have some contradictions and unpopular positions which will be explioted by the opposition. This is, IMO why Senators generally don't win the office of President. Yeah, Biden is a good liberal -- personally I would love for him to be President. But he can't win, unless he is up against a total nut or fool (which probably won't happen). He might beat Frist for example, but someone like George Allen would absolutely slaughter him.

On a side note: to be in the Senate 33 yrs and STILL have a 100% rating by the AFL-CIO is pretty impressive.

andyfox
06-20-2005, 07:07 PM
I'd like to see him run because he's articulate and intelligent. Agree or disagree with his political views, he could elevate the level of discussion.

adios
06-20-2005, 07:35 PM
You mean he won't be "reporting for duty" /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

jcx
06-20-2005, 07:59 PM
I can see his campaign commercials already:

"Hi. I'm in Delaware."

andyfox
06-20-2005, 10:28 PM
One would think he wouldn't make such a stupid mistake, at least not the first frigging words out of his mouth after he receives the nomination.

After Biden's plagiarism incident came to light in
'86 (?), a joke went around about a ship that was sinking.

Jimmy Carter said, "Let's save the women and children."

Joe Biden said, "Let's save the women and children."

Richard Nixon said, " Fcuk the women and children."

Ted Kennedy said, "Do we have time?"

Zeno
06-20-2005, 11:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
.....he could elevate the level of discussion.

[/ QUOTE ]

That path leads to certain doom. He has no chance. Adlai Stevenson proved that. For a brillant and interesting perspective see: Anti-intellectualism in American Life, by Richard Hofstadter, Part three: The politics of Democracy.

-Zeno

andyfox
06-21-2005, 12:31 AM
The old joke went: Adlai Stevenson is about to give a speech and asks his aide, "Do I have time to go to the bathroom?" When told that he does, he then asks, "Do I need to go?"

ThaSaltCracka
06-21-2005, 01:34 AM
who else is going to run?

[censored]
06-21-2005, 02:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
who else is going to run?

[/ QUOTE ]

So far he and John Edward are the first significant people to declare. Other probable, Hillary, McCain, and George Allen.

Actually I think John Kerry may have also said he is runnung again but if not he is most likely giving it another try as well.