PDA

View Full Version : Do you fold this on fifth?

bigredlemon
06-20-2005, 04:06 PM
7 Card Stud High-Low ($0.50/$1), Ante $0.25, Bring-In $0.25 (hand converter (http://www.geocities.com/greenage22/7StudConverter.hta.txt))

3rd Street - (3.00 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif___folds
Hero: Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif___completes
Seat 3: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls
Seat 4: xx xx T/images/graemlins/heart.gif___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/club.gif___brings-in___calls

4th Street - (7.00 SB)

Hero: Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif___bets
Seat 3: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif___checks___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif___checks___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif___checks___calls

5th Street - (5.50 BB)

Hero: Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif___bets
Seat 5: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls

6th Street - (9.50 BB)

Hero: Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___bets
Seat 5: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls

River - (13.50 BB)

Hero: Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif xx___bets
Seat 5: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif xx___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif xx___calls

Total pot: (17.50 BB)

Seat 3 is very loose, seeing 5th in the high 70 to 80%, and will bet out as soon as he hits a pair tens or higher or makes two pair, regardless of who bet what when.

If I give him credit for his likely queens, then i'm drawing very slim. Do I lay it down here?

djr
06-20-2005, 04:33 PM
queens is the only thing he could have, IMO. The other two opponents look like they're sticking around to the river and one or both could already have a low. It's a good time to lay it down.

WHen you hit the 6 on 6th. I think you're right to see the river. You have 3 fours for a scooper and 4 aces to a great low (and possilbe scoop if villian doesn't have two pair).

7th, crying call /images/graemlins/frown.gif hope you took your half

mscags
06-20-2005, 05:01 PM
I think since it is a pretty large pot and that it appears as if the rest of your opponents are going low I would call on fifth. After that I play it the same way.

captZEEbo1
06-21-2005, 10:42 AM
is completing on 3rd with QQ5 standard? QQ5 seems like pretty crappy to me...maybe I just don't understand this game.

RayGarlington
06-21-2005, 10:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
is completing on 3rd with QQ5 standard?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is really one of the aspects of stud that I like more and more. Your actions are dictated by the context of the hand, so there is no real 'standard'. QQ5 can get you in real trouble, but here it is (or looks to be) quite strong.

TheShootah
06-21-2005, 11:06 AM
It looks like the best high hand, so I think a raise is in order here. If he thins the field to two or three, he has some great scooping chances. Also, he may get a worse high hand to stick around since he has a 5 in the door. Whether he actually wants that or not... /images/graemlins/grin.gif