PDA

View Full Version : Moderately sized pot, 2nd pair with BDFD

mithong
06-20-2005, 03:26 PM
Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif. MP1 posts a blind of $0.5.
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, UTG+2 folds, Hero folds, UTG calls.

Turn: (6.75 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, UTG calls.

River: (8.75 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 10.75 BB

totally confused as to how i should have playd this.. should i have bet out to try to protect my hand?

was it right to check? im sure i should have called f it was one bet back to me, but two bets?

thanks

topspin
06-20-2005, 03:53 PM
Looks good. I give you about 5 outs on the flop, so a fold is correct.

_bustedflush_
06-20-2005, 04:12 PM
Exactly how I would have played it. If it had been one back to me on the flop, I would have called, but needed a J, 9, or /images/graemlins/spade.gif to keep going.

kitaristi0
06-20-2005, 04:18 PM
On the flop it's two bets to you and you're getting 12.5 to 2, i.e. 6.25 to 1 odds. You've got five outs to two pair or trips and a backdoor flush draw (about 1.5 outs), so you're about 7 to 1 to improve. With implied odds I'd call this. If you don't improve on the turn you've got 5 outs left so you're over 8 to 1 against. I'd fold on the turn if I didn't improve.

Disconnected
06-20-2005, 05:38 PM
You played this fine. UTG bet out into the pre-flop raiser, so that doesn't look good. If it came back one to you, closing the action, you could call, I think.

TomBrooks
06-21-2005, 03:32 AM
Good fold

kitaristi0
06-21-2005, 07:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Good fold

[/ QUOTE ]

Is everyone actually going to fold this flop, even with the odds in your favor?

sean c
06-21-2005, 08:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Good fold

[/ QUOTE ]

Is everyone actually going to fold this flop, even with the odds in your favor?

[/ QUOTE ]

For a couple of reasons. Hero is not closing the action and none of his draws are that clean.

Nilbud
06-21-2005, 08:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
For a couple of reasons. Hero is not closing the action and none of his draws are that clean.

[/ QUOTE ]

The way I see it, all his outs are pretty clean. It's a rainbow flop, so there's no flush discount. It's also not connected, so there's not much straight potential. Why do you think his draws are not clean?

I'd call this and fold the turn if I don't improve.

Dusty_Bottoms
06-21-2005, 09:15 AM
3 bad omens all before you act:

1) UTG limper
2) EP raise
3) EP cold call of a raise

Unless your poker tracker tells you that all three of these people are idiots, you should have folded preflop and saved your dollar.

If you called the flop and the J hit the turn and not the river, then how much do you lose to your opponents' possible holdings?

A9, AJ, AA, JJ, 99? You can make a case for limping, raising, or cold calling for all of these hands.

davelin
06-21-2005, 09:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
3 bad omens all before you act:

1) UTG limper
2) EP raise
3) EP cold call of a raise

Unless your poker tracker tells you that all three of these people are idiots, you should have folded preflop and saved your dollar.

[/ QUOTE ]

Boo!

crownjules
06-21-2005, 09:53 AM
You were right the way you played it and this seems like a case of you wondering whether you played right because you folded what turned out to be the best hand. Don't play results oriented.

On the flop you had middle pair and a BDFD. Not a betting hand when there's an ace on the board. When it comes back to you for two, it's a clear fold.