PDA

View Full Version : Foxwoods 20-40 Loosen Up

FatalError
06-20-2005, 03:24 PM
I'd been sitting down for about 2 hours at a standard foxwoods 20-40 with very few solid players, getting very little to play and because of that getting no action when i played it (i was getting some people limp folding for 1 more bet) and decided to get fancy and raise 86o in MP after a hand was finally not open limped in front of me (i had to wait 2 orbits for this to happen so here... anyways

i raise 86o in MP+1, HJ calls, SB asked who raised and folds quick, BB folds

flop Jh Jd 2h
i bet HJ raises i call

turn 2d
i check HJ bets i raise HJ ponders and calls

river 9c
i bet HJ goes into the tank and... results to follow

comments?

highlife
06-20-2005, 03:29 PM
...HJ raises, you fold your cards face up.

+EV!

tpir90036
06-20-2005, 03:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

river 9c
i bet HJ goes into the tank and...

[/ QUOTE ]
... raises. You go into the tank and wonder why you spewed off 4 BBs with 8-high and then fold.

Seriously though, you probably took this one down... but if you are not getting enough action just jam up a draw or do something that involves raising that is close to neutral EV or only slightly -EV. There are cheaper ways to give people the illusion of action.

Barry
06-20-2005, 04:09 PM
When the heck was this and which table? I was playing in 1 of those games from Wed afternoon through Sunday afternoon. There were probably 4 decent players scattered among the 2 main games.

I dunno, during 1 session I hadn't had any cards for quite a while and when I finally raised with QQ I got 5 callers. The games were especially juicy this past weekend 5 or 6 folks seeing the flop for 1 or 2 bets was not unusual.

Having said all of that, I would have waited for something a little better like a mid-pair or suited A.

FatalError
06-20-2005, 04:22 PM
he called and showed the exact hand i thought he had, AQ of diamonds... the rest of the table sort of gasped in awe as they expected me to show AJ...

i knew where i was at the whole hand and decided that not only could i probably take this pot down, but get to advertise it too, he tried to move my off my hand, he probably had an ace high hand here to do it and i was preety sure he would fold it on the river being a tight player... i guess i was wrong

bobdibble
06-20-2005, 05:03 PM
I don't like this hand, but if you are going to take a line like this, I think it has a better chance of working if the turn bricks. Doing this when the board double paired probably made him think there was a good enough of a chance you had AK/AQ/ATs and were trying to push him off his A high.

He'll probably call this the first time you do it, and use the info he gains for future hands. If you had previously done this on a similar board and shown a boat, he may have folded... although, he would then have to wonder since you showed the boat last time, maybe you are using that previous hand as amunition in a bluff this time... HU poker is hard.