PDA

View Full Version : Pimp My Ride

tbach24
06-20-2005, 03:14 PM
The only reason I watch non-sports tv anymore. This show is so awesome. Big Ron is easily my favorite guy to have his ride pimped.

2+2 wannabe
06-20-2005, 03:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The only reason I watch non-sports tv anymore. This show is so awesome. Big Ron is easily my favorite guy to have his ride pimped.

[/ QUOTE ]
worst. show. ever. the "dialogue" between xhibit and the crew is so forced.

why is xhibit so lame?

chaas4747
06-20-2005, 03:20 PM
I laughed when the guys try to use hip-hop terms and they just seem like stupid. Do you think they script that show or the guys are just acting off the cuff?

Plus they never overhaul the engine, or any of the other critical parts. So in the end you really only have a tricked out piece of [censored] that is going to break down.

2+2 wannabe
06-20-2005, 03:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I laughed when the guys try to use hip-hop terms and they just seem like stupid. Do you think they script that show or the guys are just acting off the cuff?

[/ QUOTE ]

or when the white guys are getting their cars back and they're trying to act all cool to all the black guys around. it's hilarious.

tbach24
06-20-2005, 03:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Plus they never overhaul the engine, or any of the other critical parts. So in the end you really only have a tricked out piece of [censored] that is going to break down.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's probably a mix. I should've mentioned that I like it because of the mix of unintentional humor with black humor.

ThaSaltCracka
06-20-2005, 03:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Plus they never overhaul the engine, or any of the other critical parts.

[/ QUOTE ] They fix things that need to be fixed. I actually saw an episode where they put a new(used) engine in a car.

chaas4747
06-20-2005, 03:29 PM
I must have missed this one. Good to know.

And look Tonya we have installed a camera in the visor of you car, and a photo printer in you consol. When you brought your car in here with 85,000 dents we did not think you were a shitty enough driver. So we thought we would install 500 different things to distract you dumb ass so you can be even more unsafe. (Obligatory hip-hop words) It’ll be bumping!

ThaSaltCracka
06-20-2005, 03:31 PM
essentially you are correct though.

2+2 wannabe
06-20-2005, 03:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I must have missed this one. Good to know.

And look Tonya we have installed a camera in the visor of you car, and a photo printer in you consol. When you brought your car in here with 85,000 dents we did not think you were a shitty enough driver. So we thought we would install 500 different things to distract you dumb ass so you can be even more unsafe. (Obligatory hip-hop words) It’ll be bumping!

[/ QUOTE ]

i know, like who the [censored] needs an espresso machine in their car?

stankybank
06-20-2005, 03:44 PM
Too bad they still drive the same car basically. They don't replace the engine or anything like that unless they pimp you out w/ a new car, which is rare. I'd rather just strip the car down once I get it and sell all the parts. Some of the stripes and stuff look retarded. I mean, would you drive some of the flamed out orange cars that they make? Yuck.

kerssens
06-20-2005, 03:45 PM
Boycott MTV!!

Nottom
06-20-2005, 04:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I'm just old, but Overhaulin' on TLC is a MUCH better show.

tbach24
06-20-2005, 04:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this the one about OCC? I've watched it and like it. I just prefer Pimp My Ride.

Nottom
06-20-2005, 04:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this the one about OCC? I've watched it and like it. I just prefer Pimp My Ride.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, thats "American Chopper". Overhaulin' is basically the same thing as "Pimp my Ride" except the cars they turn out look like high end showcars instead of ghettofied pieces of crap.

LoaferGee12
06-20-2005, 04:48 PM
I'll never forget the time they built a little place for the person to put their dog and then put a TV monitor there for the dog to watch.

tbach24
06-20-2005, 04:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'll never forget the time they built a little place for the person to put their dog and then put a TV monitor there for the dog to watch.

[/ QUOTE ]

That one was on yesterday. Asian girl with the two big dogs, that one was pretty good.

Tron
06-20-2005, 04:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That easily takes the cake for most ridiculous monitor placement ever. In a close second place, though, is when they put a TV under the car for the guy who was a mechanic.

LoaferGee12
06-20-2005, 04:54 PM
All I saw was the monitor and it was enough for me to switch the channel. I agree though this show can be quite comical. I love how everytime someone brings in a POS car all the West Coast Customs guys go crazy about how crappy the car is. Do they expect someone is just going to roll up in a ferrari? (This should be done btw)

chaas4747
06-20-2005, 05:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That easily takes the cake for most ridiculous monitor placement ever. In a close second place, though, is when they put a TV under the car for the guy who was a mechanic.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope dumbass Fireplace in the back of the blazer. That was the retarded.

milliondollaz
06-21-2005, 01:12 AM
they ruined some poor chick's toyota FJ40 on the last show i saw. it was a beautiful offroad machine, they turned it into a joke, with a f-ing water fountain in it.

"yo yo, this is xzibit, we got a ride that is totally whack!"

"well X, first we're gonna hook up this ride w/ some dope rims, that are totally sweet."

"then i'm gonna give this whip some sick shoes, w/ some 22" Toyo Proxes rubber to match the Lexani wheels..." sponsor, sponsor, sponsor, i'm reading a script some jewish white guy wrote for me...

WarLordAG
06-21-2005, 02:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Too bad they still drive the same car basically. They don't replace the engine or anything like that unless they pimp you out w/ a new car, which is rare. I'd rather just strip the car down once I get it and sell all the parts. Some of the stripes and stuff look retarded. I mean, would you drive some of the flamed out orange cars that they make? Yuck.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually they do replace and update all of that. However since the majority of MTV's viewer base doesn't care about any of that, they don't tape stuff like that. I read an interview with these guys a while back talking about how the guy they have to work on the engine and such never gets air time and how he hates it.

blatz
06-21-2005, 02:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]

i know, like who the [censored] needs an espresso machine in their car?

[/ QUOTE ]

They make the cars look like jokes, but without a doubt, i need an espresso machine in my car. And one for my dog.