PDA

View Full Version : Announcement: MacPoker Pro version 1.0

MacPoker Pro
06-20-2005, 02:29 PM
My company, Open End Software (www.openendsoftware.com), has just released MacPoker Pro version 1.0. This application combines the best features of PokerTracker and PokerEdge, to provide Mac poker players with an excellent tool for improving their game. This is the only software of it's kind for Mac OS X users.

Version 1.0 supports real and play money Hold'em ring games at PokerRoom.com. Future releases will support tournament play as well.

More product information can be found at:

http://www.openendsoftware.com/products.html

Your feedback here is greatly appreciated.

djguy
06-21-2005, 09:41 AM
I use both a Mac (my preference for most things) and a PC (games). However, I play on Aces.com (PC only), for which I can't find tracker software anywhere. Evidently, at this time, I'm stuck with pen and paper.

Is there any way your mac software can be used in manual mode?

Thanks.

DJ

xadrez
06-21-2005, 09:51 AM
I have a question: Can I copy my Party Poker hand histories from my PC to my Mac and import them into your program? Does the software only support Pokerrooom?

pokermac
06-21-2005, 12:17 PM
I've played a couple hours with your demo now - awesome. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Finally someone has given us equal footing with the PT/GT+ players.

I'm adding you to my Mac based Poker site www.poker-mac.com (http://www.poker-mac.com).

One question though. I can't find my opponents AF. The closest is simply their Player Type.

MacPoker Pro
06-21-2005, 12:59 PM
I'm not sure how you would use it that way.. just to record notes about games and players?

Or would you want to download the hand history files yourself and then feed them into the app?

MacPoker Pro
06-21-2005, 01:00 PM
Currently, it only supports Pokerroom.com but it would be possibly for me to add some import capabilities from other sites - would you play on a PC (or in virtual pc) and want to track on your mac? Or are you considering "switching" and want to bring over your PT data?

MacPoker Pro
06-21-2005, 01:03 PM
Thank you for the feedback - I've never actually used PT or the other windows products, but I know they are considered invaluable by those who do. Hopefully in version 1 I've provided the most basic functions that are needed.

The AF is shown below or to the right of the Player Type icon. In some rare cases - you don't have enough data - there is no value displayed.

xadrez
06-21-2005, 02:13 PM
I have a Mac as my "main" computer. Then I have a cheap Dell for which I only use to play poker. I have all my hand histories saved on the Dell but would like to begin transfering them to my Mac which is alot newer and has a larger hardrive.

I have pokertracker on my Dell, but Id like to have a database app on my Mac as well. Viva Consumer Culture!

djguy
06-21-2005, 02:57 PM
I haven't played on Pokerroom.com for a long time - it was the first online poker I played. I think I'll reload today and give your program a test drive.

DJ

djguy
06-21-2005, 04:11 PM
Nicely done. I've been playing about an hour now on PokerRoom.com 2/4 limit table using your software and I'm impressed. Thanks!

DJ

ScottySo
06-21-2005, 04:46 PM
can u give us a rough date when the tournament-compatible version will be released?

MacPoker Pro
06-21-2005, 05:17 PM
I am thinking about releasing basic support for single-table tournaments in a month or two (in a 1.x release) after this initial release is stable. Full tournament support - including multi-table - will probably not be finished until version 2 (Spring 2006).

Registered owners of version 1 will get a significant discount on the upgrade to version 2.

pokermac
06-22-2005, 06:26 AM
Tournament support will be great. I will register asap - going to work now. Suggestions:

1. Make note of where the AF is on the "Help" site.
2. Maybe MPP does this already, but -- cumulative info on players would be great. Is this already in place?

Again, great job.

MacPoker Pro
06-22-2005, 11:02 AM
pokermac - thanks for the suggestion, I will highlight the AF on the help pages.

Yes, it does store the cumulative information on all the players you play against. In the real-time session window you can choose between 'Session', 'Game Level' and 'All' stats to display for your opponents (it always shows your Session stats in this window regardless of the selection). In the main window, all the players you've played against are listed in the Players drawer (updated whenever you close a Session window). You can select any player from that list and see all their stats.

burningyen
06-23-2005, 11:20 AM
I'm looking forward to checking this out when I get home today. I second the suggestions for the ability to import PT databases and compatibility with other sites (I'm partial to UB). I've been pining for the ability to do real-time tracking of my UB opponents, which isn't possible with PT on VPC due to emulation speed issues. Kudos on getting this out there!

superpumped
06-23-2005, 04:37 PM
This looks great. Pity it only works on pokerroom. Could you not get it to work on all of the pokernetwrok skin sites such as BetonBet and Bayou for example? I'd buy it if that were the case.

MacPoker Pro
06-23-2005, 05:01 PM
I looked at betonbet but the problem is that they do not show your hole cards when you get the hand history. I suppose there would still be value for tracking opponents, but not much for analyzing your own play.

Would you be interested in spite of this limitation?

Can you list all of the pokerroom skin sites you know of?

Thanks!

MacPoker Pro
06-23-2005, 05:10 PM
If there is enough interest in other sites that are not natively mac-compatible, and if there are enough registered users to offset my development costs, I'll definitely look at adding support for additional sites.

myguinness
06-23-2005, 09:38 PM
I've been using MPP a couple days now and I'm impressed! Next payday I plan on registering. One thing I was thinking would be a nice feature is to be able to print out player stats, so I can review my(and others) play offline. Other than that this is a terrific program. It's nice to see someone supporting us Mac poker players. Thanks again.

burningyen
06-23-2005, 09:58 PM
Sorry to say I couldn't stand Pokerroom's software enough to bother transferring money to that site, so I'll have to hold off on getting MPP for now.

arbuthnot
06-24-2005, 05:53 PM
I used it last night for a while and didn't really care for it.

I thought there was going to be a HUD like GameTime+ that you could use.

I find it a waste of time having to look back and forth at the table and the player's stats each time I need to check.

Also, it's hard to see all the little icons for each player in the game time window.

Otherwise, I think it's headed in the right direction. Keep up the good work on a product that is really held back by the software it's supposed to work with (PokerRoom's Java client).

pokermac
06-27-2005, 11:11 AM
arbuth,

It may not have heads up display, but it's the best there is right now for stats yours and others on the Mac. don't you agree? or is there something else out there I don't know about?

morphy
06-28-2005, 02:28 AM
Do you have any plans to support Bugsysclub (aka PokerSchoolOnline, PokerPages)? If so, would the program import saved hand histories (emailed from the site)? Thanks!

mikj
06-28-2005, 08:29 AM
Please, make sure MacPoker support www.betsson.com (http://www.betsson.com) and www.hollywoodpoker.com (http://www.hollywoodpoker.com) in near future! Both sites support mac and are in the same network as pookerroom.

thanks!

MacPoker Pro
06-28-2005, 10:14 AM
I'm currently testing a new version (1.1) that will support:

BetOnBet.com
BayouPoker.com
HollywoodPoker.com
PowerPlayer.com
Caribsports.com
HoldemPoker.com

I am still in the process of registering and try out these sites, so some of them may not be supported in this release.

I am not familiar with betsson.com but I'll look into that one as well.

If all goes well, I'll be releasing this version this week.

burningyen
06-28-2005, 02:52 PM
I'd also like to see compatibility with Bugsy's Club.

pokermac
06-29-2005, 11:01 AM
Excellent. Compatibility with the pokerroom skins will be a huge benefit. I too would like to be able to use this for Bugsy's, but I'm guessing that will be a big deal to add on.

MacPoker Pro
06-30-2005, 05:06 PM
Looks like version 1.x will only support PokerRoom and the skin sites.. but I definitely plan on supporting Bugsy's and some other sites in version 2.0 and beyond.

WRR1980
07-03-2005, 01:49 AM
Will I be able to use it for PowerPlayer.com on my PC?

pokermac
07-04-2005, 09:30 AM
what?