PDA

View Full Version : Dumb SNG question

ajmargarine
06-20-2005, 02:06 PM
Right now I only play MTT's and ring games. Generally, my (dumb?) thinking about SNG's vs the ring games goes like this: In a cash game, I may make some, lose some, make alot, lose alot...but generally I am making something when I sit down. In a SNG, I need to finish in the top 30%, to make anything, bottom 70% I lose my buy-in. Someone please enlighten me as to the advantages of playing a SNG vs. using the same buyin at a NLHE ring game.

Also, for SNG regulars, how does your $ earned compare between your SNG's and when you play in cash games. Thank you.

JackWhite
06-20-2005, 02:14 PM
A big advantage is that a lot of SnG players are really bad. They play ungodly loose. Plus, it takes a certain skill to be a great SnG player. If you play enough, you master the concepts and have a big advantage over the vast majority of your opponents.

Matador225
06-20-2005, 02:41 PM
I just recently began playing $5 SnG's and after two weeks of sporadic playing i'm a little above what i had to begin with despite suffering way too many bad beats. I don't play ring games that frequently but I've done decently when i do play. The main benefits of SnG for some are that you can only lose that much and you can win quite a bit more. Also, for me at least, SnGs seem to fit my style of play more anyway.

Hoped I helped

Scuba Chuck
06-20-2005, 11:38 PM
"There are no dumb questions. Just dumb people who ask questions."

ajmargarine
06-21-2005, 03:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
"There are no dumb questions. Just dumb people who ask questions."

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't I take $600 from you at Canterbury? You kept riding bottom pair to the river, and were complaining of your bad luck that none of your gutshots were hitting. That guy used this exact quote. Had to be you, unless the fish have a Bartletts you all share for pithy comments. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif