PDA

View Full Version : The shortest session ever played

Ed S.
01-21-2003, 12:45 PM
Since there was a longest session ever played. I will start the shortest session ever played.

Personally my shortest session at any table limit was at 10/20. This happened to me only 3 times in my poker ventures so far. I have been ousted under an Hour, 3 times. Two times was roughly 45 mins or so and the other time was in 30mins. How pathetic is that. I ask myself how in the heck did I let that happen to myself. Its really really depressing when it happens. Makes for a long ride home from the poker room. Each time I had about a $400 on me at the time.

Ed S.

Vehn
01-21-2003, 01:28 PM
Hmm well this is a brief synopsis of my poker experience this weekend:

5:00 - start drive to card room
5:30 - arrive at card room and take open seat at some game
6:00 - get called for $15/$30 for my first shot at it ever
6:02 - get AQ in my SB, one weak limper in MP, button raises, I 3-bet, everyone calls, flop: Q Q 8
6:03 - see button's pocket 8s
7:00 - dealt pocket kings three times so far, all no good, all shown down
8:00 - buy first pack of cigarettes in ~8 months
9:00 - arrive at home, commence drinking

*sigh*

p.s. smoking wasn't as fun as I remember it.

Abagadro
01-21-2003, 01:51 PM
Hadn't ever played in Vegas and hadn't studied the game seriously although had dorked around for a while. Sat down at Bellagio 4-8 game. Post improperly to come in, dealer doesn't correct me, guy next to me has to correct it, I get flustered end up posting in UTG+1. Get A8o. Flop comes down with two 8s. I just call all the way and lose to a runner-runner flush. Couple of regulars laugh. I get embarassed and leave. Buy HPFAP next day.

HUSKER'66
01-21-2003, 02:07 PM
Ed, Without being confrontational, why would you sit at a
10-20 table with little experience at that level with only
twenty BB'S? Your comfort level for starting bankrolls is WELL below mine! /forums/images/icons/shocked.gifYou would have to start out extremely tight with no room for error w/o your limited bankroll taking a hit. Just a thought.......

Clarkmeister
01-21-2003, 02:39 PM
"p.s. smoking wasn't as fun as I remember it."

Depends what you were smoking, I guess.

Homer
01-21-2003, 02:45 PM
My shortest session was one hand online (does that count?). I sat down planning to play for a few hours, posted in the cutoff, and in the middle of the hand I got a phone call from some friends that decided on a whim to go to AC. So of course I finish the hand and head out the door. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

I did win the hand, though!

-- Homer

Ed S.
01-21-2003, 03:28 PM
Good point Husker66,

Yes when this happend I was playing exetremely tight and I was not that experienced at the 10-20 level but it was my most comfortable level that I enjoyed playing at. With that said my bankroll requirements for sitting at a 10-20 game has since changed and that was part of the growing pains we all go through when climbing the ladder in this great game of Poker.

Ed S.