PDA

View Full Version : Spurs vs Pistons Game 6 pick

Runner Runner
06-20-2005, 01:50 PM
I have been truly amazed at how both of these teams have been getting all of the close calls at home. Sure, if there is an obvious foul the referees make the right call. But in this series, due to the physical play of both teams, there have been a lot of subjective charge-block type calls that that seem to always go the home team's way.

This is a big part of the reason why the home team has dominated so far in this series. The team at home has been able to aggressively go to the basket and create contact and get the call to go their way when it is a close one. This is huge, why do you think Ginobilli played so much better at home this series? He thrives on slashing to the basket, making contact and finishing. His effectiveness is greatly diminished when he can be muscled a reasonable amount by a defender. The home team would have won every game in this series if it wasn't for Horry stepping up and playing the best 2nd half of his life in game 5.

For this reason I see SA -5.5 as a strong play. Watch for Billups and Hamilton to be slowed by a Spurs defense that will be allowed to get away with murder, and watch for Ginobilli to have a real strong game. The Spurs will win by 12 and deservedly be crowned NBA champions, and Duncan will get the MVP.

homedog
06-20-2005, 04:53 PM
I agree about the refs. Which would mean the Spurs should dominate game 6. Unless of course, the NBA wants a game 7.