PDA

View Full Version : Better way to play this?

Buccaneer
06-20-2005, 01:50 PM
Two players left in match. I am in second with aprox T2500 and the villian with T7500. He has been agressive the whole match in playing for the blinds and pots no one wanted. He has been tight in his play but will fold to repeated pressure. It is down to the two of us and the blinds go up to 200/400. He has raised when the blinds go up every time and he raises to T800. I call with QQ. If I go all in he will fold from his previous play. My plan is to stay in unless I feel beat and try to raise pot. The flop is 2-6-8 that do not scare me. I bet the flop semi heavy and he calls, I bet the turn heavy with most of my stack, which is a J and he goes all in and I call with my final T~100. The board is 2-6-8-J, I am all in and ready to double up and get a playable stack. So the turn is a 5 and I see the board now is 2-6-8-J-5. Possible straight board but I do not see villian playing and of the cheese that makes a straight. Mission accomplished!!!!!
Villian held 7-9. Do you think that I played this wrong. I felt that I would not get another better opportunity to try to get into the match with my stack windling. I am not worried about getting beat. If I played correctly then it will eventually work out. If I played incorrectly then I would like to correct.

wiggs73
06-20-2005, 01:53 PM
I'm not a huge fan of the call. Given your read, I might would have re-raised pre-flop and then pushed the flop. Even though you want value from this hand, you also have to be concerned with protecting it appropriately, and I'm not sure you did this with the call pre-flop. Out of curiosity, how were you planning to play it if the flop had an ace or king?

Buccaneer
06-20-2005, 02:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Out of curiosity, how were you planning to play it if the flop had an ace or king?

[/ QUOTE ]
From villians play I saw him raising with anything when the blinds change to leverage me. I discounted his chance of an A or K but would probably had to change my shorts if the A or K would have hit the flop and played it like I had one of my own. Good question as I do not think I considered this enough.