PDA

View Full Version : $109s - Level 4 PVS

Unarmed
06-20-2005, 12:42 PM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

UTG (t905)
UTG+1 (t1235)
MP1 (t1175)
MP2 (t678)
CO (t1425)
Button (t2272)
SB (t1470)
Hero (t840)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, CO calls t100, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t840 (All-In)</font>

Apathy
06-20-2005, 12:48 PM
This is an impossible question to give a correct answer too, very opponent and situation dependant. By this point in the tourney you should be able to have a really good idea how often you get called here. To make a push correct you need a LOT of folding equity though since your hand will rarely win in a showdown.

I see limp calls from A-9o and K-10 too much to do this.

Luminous Mist
06-20-2005, 12:50 PM
This would depend entirely on the CO, wouldn't it?

What do you know about him already?

If you know nothing, I guess you can get ready to put one of the two down in your notes:

level 4: limp/calls from CO with t1425
level 4: limp/fold to t840 BB with a t1425 stack

Also, what about just betting out most flops instead?

Luminous

deathpotato
06-20-2005, 12:51 PM
I don't like it unless you have a good read. You aren't desperate for chips with 8.5BB, and open-limping in late position is something people often seem to do with monsters. On the plus side, CO's stack makes it somewhat less likely for him to call. Unless CO is a habitual limp-folder, I don't see any reason to make this play, and I think you're getting called here far too much for it to be profitable.

poindexter
06-20-2005, 12:59 PM
Very bad play. your in the BB so your bluff is less believable. Why not incorporate a little patience into your game and wait to reraise where you actually have a better hand.

adanthar
06-20-2005, 12:59 PM
This used to be a slightly decent move to do *once in a while* before the 75/150 limit.

These days, you've got more room and everybody and their mother is calling these with trash, so why bother?

Unarmed
06-20-2005, 01:01 PM
I have no reads except that Lucy Liu has a tight body. (GF was watching Charlie's Angels)
There's 250 in the pot, I have 840.
CO has 14BB.
I really don't think I need a read here.

BTW, if this is not a good spot for a PVS, then the PVS is dead, and that makes me sad. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Unarmed
06-20-2005, 01:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
so why bother?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because there's 250 chips there and I would like to add them to my stack. /images/graemlins/grin.gif
While giving me additional time to wait for a decent hand, the 150 level also makes people less likely to go buckwild at Level 4 and call a push. So there's two opposing forces there IMO.

vinyard
06-20-2005, 01:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
These days, you've got more room and everybody and their mother is calling these with trash, so why bother?

[/ QUOTE ]

I couldn't agree more. I liked the PVS play a bunch with the old blind structure but it seems to make more sense now to let the donks blow themselves up.

Bigwig
06-20-2005, 01:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is an impossible question to give a correct answer too, very opponent and situation dependant. By this point in the tourney you should be able to have a really good idea how often you get called here. To make a push correct you need a LOT of folding equity though since your hand will rarely win in a showdown.

I see limp calls from A-9o and K-10 too much to do this.

[/ QUOTE ]

What Apathy said.

I hate agreeing with Canadians, especially since I date one.

* FYI, I'm not dating Apathy.

octaveshift
06-20-2005, 01:44 PM
I like pushing over a SB limp a lot more than pushing over only 1 MP limper. I generally want at least *two* limpers to make a push over the top from the BB. (Cards irrelevant.)

At the 109s, I would think someone trying to limp re-raise aces would be more common than at the lower levels, but still not common enough for it to be too much of a concern.

JMO, YMMV.

Newt_Buggs
06-20-2005, 01:53 PM
I think that checking and playing the flop aggressively is going to be more profitable. I've posted a lot of similar hands to this because I just can't stand people mini raising my blind or limping in on the button, but I've finally gotten the discipline to just wait and find a better spot than places like this to punish them.

Che
06-20-2005, 03:44 PM
What in the world is PVS?

I keep seeing that over and over in this forum and I have no idea what you guys are talking about. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Thanks,
Che