PDA

View Full Version : Satellite Radio

scott8
06-20-2005, 12:37 PM
Has anyone given this a go?
Any feedback?
What is the cost?
And how does it work for sports?
I've heard that you buy different equipment to get baseball games vs. football games.
Anyway, from what I've heard I think I will be trying it out, but wondered who already had.
-SC

tbach24
06-20-2005, 12:40 PM
I got an XM and loved it...but that was for when I was in school where they didn't allow CDs.

It was like 200 initially and then 10/month or something like that. For sports I've heard Sirius is better.

I'd be willing to bet Consumer Reports did something on them, you might want to look that up.

06-20-2005, 12:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Has anyone given this a go?
Any feedback?
What is the cost?
And how does it work for sports?
I've heard that you buy different equipment to get baseball games vs. football games.
Anyway, from what I've heard I think I will be trying it out, but wondered who already had.
-SC

[/ QUOTE ]

I have XM in my car. It came with XM in it, and I paid $300 to activate it for 3 years. I figured it would be a waste of money ... but I was so wrong, I absolutely love it. I've pretty much stopped listening to music on regular radio. I also am a big baseball fan, and XM has just about every baseball radiocast, so I can listen to any game. They also carry simulcast of ESPN News. Sirius has the football package, but I have Direct TV and watch the games, so I don't need football on the radio.

Short story, I highly recommend XM. I'm going to get one for my other car, and get one for my home too.

DemonDeac
06-20-2005, 12:59 PM
if u like hilarious talk radio, ull want Sirius cuz they got Howard Stern coming over as well as Opie & Anthony, among others. Sirius also has football.

IndieMatty
06-20-2005, 01:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
if u like hilarious talk radio, ull want Sirius cuz they got Howard Stern coming over as well as Opie & Anthony, among others. Sirius also has football.

[/ QUOTE ]

O and A are on XM.

RacersEdge
06-20-2005, 01:09 PM
Yeah, I was leaning toward XM for the baseball....but then Stern is going to go Sirius...tough choice...

IronDragon1
06-26-2005, 04:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I was leaning toward XM for the baseball....but then Stern is going to go Sirius...tough choice...

[/ QUOTE ]

Sirius also has:
The NFL
The NBA

So unless you are a baseball nut I think the choice is obvious

slamdunkpro
06-26-2005, 04:31 PM
I was talking to a guy from XM the other day (OK not a very neutral source) and he told me that Sirus needs 500,000 new subscribers just to break even once they start paying Howard Stern and the NFL.

I think radio is better for Baseball than Football, and since I can't stand Howard Stern (don't really care for O&A either, but hey - lesser of 2 evils) so, I'm gonna go with XM