PDA

View Full Version : Colored socks that feel like white socks. Is there such a thing?

Inthacup
06-20-2005, 12:18 PM
I like wearing white socks. They feel more comfortable to me. When I wear brown shoes, I wear colored socks but none that I have are as comfortable. Does anyone know of any brands that bridge the gap?

jakethebake
06-20-2005, 12:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I like wearing white socks. They feel more comfortable to me. When I wear brown shoes, I wear colored socks but none that I have are as comfortable. Does anyone know of any brands that bridge the gap?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been searching for years.

wacki
06-20-2005, 12:22 PM
Last ditch solution. (http://www.dharmatrading.com/html/eng/3796-AA.shtml)

wacki
06-20-2005, 12:24 PM
The guys in this link are great though. Comfy, high quality, only down side is they are a bit expensive. I own a few and I'm very happy. (http://www.thorlo.com)

Oski
06-20-2005, 12:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know where you're coming from. I hate to wear white dress shirts because they "feel" funny, yet I hate to wear colored t-shirts because they don't feel like white t-shirts.

Not sure about the socks.

IndieMatty
06-20-2005, 12:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I went to Catholic HS that had a strict dress code. I used to find colored "white socks" at Marshalss/ TJ Max. "Dockers by Levis" made them (this is back in the early 90s). I'd imagine Sears or Kohls or someplace would have them in stock.

BruceZ
06-20-2005, 02:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Docker's socks are very comfortable.

theghost
06-20-2005, 02:41 PM
just look for 100% cotton, and shop around for what you like.

BruceZ
06-20-2005, 02:42 PM
I bought 6 pairs of Thorlos socks for skiing 15 years ago, and after hundreds of days on the slopes, they are still as good as the day I bought them.

jakethebake
06-20-2005, 02:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Docker's socks are very comfortable.

[/ QUOTE ]

They're ok. Too short though. They don't stay up very well.

wacki
06-20-2005, 03:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I bought 6 pairs of Thorlos socks for skiing 15 years ago, and after hundreds of days on the slopes, they are still as good as the day I bought them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, it wasn't until this thread that I learned that they had dress socks. Thx Inthacup!

Rduke55
06-20-2005, 03:23 PM
Nike makes some black socks.

Shajen
06-20-2005, 03:36 PM
ok, there's like 90,013,205 replies to this and I'm having a hard time following.

Is this really that hard?

Target or a low end clothing store (hell, a shoe store) will have what you need.

Seriously.

I wear colored socks all the time, and the requirement is that they are not those thin little pieces of [censored] that most stores sell. Try a shoe store.

Macdaddy Warsaw
06-20-2005, 08:33 PM
Without reading the replies, I had 3 pairs of Hilfiger socks (came in a package but each pair was colored differently) that sound like what you might be looking for. I think they came to the ankles.

PoBoy321
06-20-2005, 08:37 PM
Get white sock and dye them.

Patrick del Poker Grande
06-20-2005, 08:41 PM
You're looking for Dockers socks. Find them.

Inthacup
06-20-2005, 08:44 PM
The cowbell has spoken. I'll try a few of the suggestions in this thread and report back. Thanks everyone.

Cup

balkii
06-20-2005, 08:51 PM
im currently wearing a very comfy pair of dockers socks. now - look around at teh store. i bought one back that is just what you have a problem with, they arent like white socks. but last time i went i found these very soft, comfy navy blue socks

LondonBroil
06-20-2005, 09:45 PM
I bought a 6-pack of Hanes black socks a couple months ago that have the same texture as white socks. The only problem is that they ride alittle high so I just fold them over at the top. If I bunch them down it starts to itch later on the day.

jacki
06-21-2005, 01:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I wear colored socks

[/ QUOTE ]

The preferred term is African-American socks