PDA

View Full Version : Common 5/6-max Scenerios

McGahee
06-20-2005, 10:20 AM
I remember making a "whine" post when I first moved up to .5/1, complaining about the blinds hitting a pair every freaking time I open raised from LP and me always hitting squat. I felt like a jerk for posting that after I went on to crush that game. Lately the same has been happening at 1/2 5-max, and I don't know how much of it is running bad, and how much is bad play.

Ace-Rag has been killing me lately.
I have often read that you should be less likely to raise PF if the blinds are loose; but nobody ever really goes into detail beyond that, which is kind of important since the blinds are almost always loose. Does it mean I should muck A60 from the CU if it's folded to me? How about if I have A8o on the button with 1 limper?

Paradise Poker 1/2 Hold'em (3 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB folds.

Turn: (4 BB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero...

Assume a typical loose-passive villian who plays too many hands too far, but isn't quite dumb enough to showdown every hand. Bet this every time? If you check do you call a river bet?

Bradyams
06-20-2005, 10:27 AM
3 handed -- Hero bets. This is most likely a bet for value since a loose player here can be calling with a very wide range of hands. I want to see a showdown with this hand so I bet the turn, and take a free showdown on the river.

deception5
06-20-2005, 10:27 AM
I would probably bet the turn fold to a raise and check behind on the river unimproved here.

McGahee
06-20-2005, 10:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
3 handed -- Hero bets. This is most likely a bet for value since a loose player here can be calling with a very wide range of hands. I want to see a showdown with this hand so I bet the turn, and take a free showdown on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ignore the fact that it's 3-handed and pretend it was folded to me (that doesn't change anything). This just happened to be the best example I could find in my last 100 hands.

Like I said - she is capable of finding the fold button even though she's loose-passive. Part of me says she had to have hit something on this ragged flop. Then again I think people get sick of my PF raising since I do it so much and normally sane players begin calling with anything; so I really don't know what to think when people call these flops.

ClaytonN
06-20-2005, 10:41 AM
Bet this every time, expect to get checked to on the river and your ace-high being good against retards.

Fold to checkraise on turn, fold if bet into on river unless you hit something.