PDA

View Full Version : KJ in LEP/EMP, thats late-early and early-middle, respectively

brettbrettr
06-20-2005, 09:53 AM
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (6.40 SB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, BB calls.

Turn: (4.70 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

River: (7.70 BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, CO checks.

Final Pot: 7.70 BB

Readless. Wasn't so sure about this one. I was fairly certain I didn't want to raise the turn. Looking at this now seems I should have bet-folded the river, no?

jba
06-20-2005, 09:55 AM
yeah that's odd, the turn stop n go makes it look like he hit the J, bet fold on the river sounds pretty good.

wrto4556
06-20-2005, 09:57 AM
bet the river.

ignore what i said earlier

mosta
06-20-2005, 10:07 AM
I want to say turn raise. I put BB on JQ. I think he's more likely to check raise a T. Problem is CO in the hand. nice thing about the turn raise is you don't have to feel so bad about checking this river. It's hard to put CO on a hand. but there may be just enough value to bet this river. I would probably check. but if we put BB on a J, whatever CO is on his call call call doesn't scream Ax. still I'm not sure I could do it.

wrto4556
06-20-2005, 10:22 AM
at first i said to put in a turn raise, too. But we aren't heads up. We have to worry about the guy behind us.

If he cold calls, how do we play the river?

I think a good line would be to smooth call the turn. If the guy behind us calls, too, it's probably safe to raise *most* rivers.

its an interesting decision.

ihardlyknowher
06-20-2005, 12:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (6.40 SB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, BB calls.

Turn: (4.70 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

River: (7.70 BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, CO checks.

Final Pot: 7.70 BB

Readless. Wasn't so sure about this one. I was fairly certain I didn't want to raise the turn. Looking at this now seems I should have bet-folded the river, no?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the PF is a little much unless you have been getting no action on your raises from that position. In general, I would only raise this from the Hijack or better.

I think i might raise the turn, but think calling is ok too. You may be WA or WB, but you also want to protect your hand against an A or Q falling.

ihardlyknowher
06-20-2005, 12:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
bet fold on the river sounds pretty good.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't get this. I don't see a worse hand calling, and CO has just been a station here. So, I think there is a good chance we can expect him to check behind and see the showdown for nothing. Elaboration would be appreciated.

DMBFan23
06-20-2005, 12:09 PM
it seems to me like the presence of the other guy makes me MORE likely to raise the turn. I'd still raise HU, but yeah.