PDA

View Full Version : Lets talk about the NBA Draft

xadrez
06-20-2005, 09:38 AM
Unfortunately, Im a Knicks fan. Im hoping they select Danny Granger with number 8, and a center with the Number 30. Someone like Randolph Morris, or the high school kid Andrew Bynum (though its a stretch either will last that deep). I would not be upset with taking Channing Frye at 8 either.

If the Bucks select Andrew Bogut with the Number 1 then they are making an a mistake.

IndieMatty
06-20-2005, 09:40 AM
If the Knicks don't find a way to get Bynum, I will be very upset.

Supposedly Memphis is trying to sell their pick.

tbach24
06-20-2005, 09:42 AM
I want the Celtics to package Pierce and a pick for a solid center. Wishful thinking.

As for their draft, I'd like to see them get a large 3. I often find that there is a big difference at the 3 between a 6'7 and 6'8 guy and thus think Hakim Warrick would be a nice fit.

Crveballin
06-20-2005, 10:28 AM
I am not sure you want Randolph Morris. From watching every Kentucky game, I saw that he was lazy, unmotivated, and not into the team concept. I guess he will fit perfectly in the NBA then.

On more of a serious not, he isnt very aggressive around the baskettball and needs to learn a lot more fundamentals before he will make an impact into the league. I could see him end up like Kwami is(was) in Washington.

contentless
06-20-2005, 10:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I want the Celtics to package Pierce and a pick for a solid center. Wishful thinking.

As for their draft, I'd like to see them get a large 3. I often find that there is a big difference at the 3 between a 6'7 and 6'8 guy and thus think Hakim Warrick would be a nice fit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course, at this point, you've heard about 'the rumor', right? As untrue as it may be, Pierce for the #3 pick and Van Exel is probably the upper limit. Think about the 'solid centers' in the league, then think about whether or not any one of those teams would give them up.

At this point, the Celts are either looking at 'the rumor', or at Roko Ukic, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. I'd much prefer that the rumor came through though.

No Warrick though. So overrated.

tbach24
06-20-2005, 10:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course, at this point, you've heard about 'the rumor', right? As untrue as it may be, Pierce for the #3 pick and Van Exel is probably the upper limit. Think about the 'solid centers' in the league, then think about whether or not any one of those teams would give them up.

At this point, the Celts are either looking at 'the rumor', or at Roko Ukic, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. I'd much prefer that the rumor came through though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haven't heard that, I need to get back on the Celtics message board. What would they do with the third pick? Looking at nbadraft.net they have a couple PG going in the 3-4 range and we already have Banks and West so I don't want one of those guys.

[ QUOTE ]
No Warrick though. So overrated.

[/ QUOTE ]

So was Tayshaun Prince and he's now a great contributer for the defending champs.

Also, what sites do you use for the draft?

Crveballin
06-20-2005, 12:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So was Tayshaun Prince and he's now a great contributer for the defending champs.

[/ QUOTE ]

How was Tayshaun Prince overrated? I thought the opposite coming out of college. People said he was too skinny for the NBA.

tbach24
06-20-2005, 12:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How was Tayshaun Prince overrated? I thought the opposite coming out of college. People said he was too skinny for the NBA.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right. It's just that I see Hakim as being a similar body to Tayshaun (except more athleticsm and less touch).

mmbt0ne
06-20-2005, 12:29 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn straight. He's the only reason I can stand the Pistons.

And all you Knick fans, don't worry, I guarantee that the Hawks will find a way to [censored] up the 2nd pick much worse than Isiah will blow the 8th pick.

Clarkmeister
06-20-2005, 12:32 PM
Great year for PGs. CP3, DWil and Felton will all be 10 year NBA starters. Saw Danny Granger play in person, he's a stud. Watch out for my boy Luther Head, he can play the point and will make someone VERY happy in the bottom of the first round.

IndieMatty
06-20-2005, 12:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn straight. He's the only reason I can stand the Pistons.

And all you Knick fans, don't worry, I guarantee that the Hawks will find a way to [censored] up the 2nd pick much worse than Isiah will blow the 8th pick.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isaih's had a history of goot drafting. I just don't understand taking FRYE over some kid who's 7'2 290 and 17 yrs old. There's some serious upside there. Fry will just add to out undersizedness.

As long as he doesn't do this, I'm ok with zeke.

And yeah, the Hawks will [censored] it up.

xadrez
06-20-2005, 12:51 PM
There is a lot of mystery surrounding Bynum apparently. Its unsure if hell stay in but when all is said and done I bet he will.

Using the number 8 on him, I believe would be a mistake.

I wouldnt call Frye undersized at 6'10...but like I said I think the Knicks should take the best available prospect at number 8.

Isiah makes some questionable moves, but one thing he has a nice track record in is the Draft.

mmbt0ne
06-20-2005, 01:52 PM
Great year for PGs. CP3, DWil and Felton will all be 10 year NBA starters. Saw Danny Granger play in person, he's a stud. Watch out for my boy Luther Head, he can play the point and will make someone VERY happy in the bottom of the first round.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, you seem to have left off the 2nd best PG after Williams. I know, it happens. Nothing to be ashamed of.

http://i.cnn.net/si/2004/basketball/ncaa/specials/ncaa_tourney/2004/03/21/bostcoll.gatech.ap/p1_jack1_ap.jpg

http://i.cnn.net/si/2004/basketball/ncaa/specials/ncaa_tourney/2004/03/28/kansas.gatech.ap/p1_jack_ap.jpg

http://media.gatewaync.com/wsj/photos/2004/wake/05bb/gatech/hewitt.jpg

MightyMouse
06-20-2005, 02:05 PM
what can anyone say about joey graham? any sooners browsing 4?

xadrez
06-20-2005, 02:32 PM
According to ESPN, Graham tested out as most athletic at the chicago camp.

tbach24
06-20-2005, 02:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
According to ESPN, Graham tested out as most athletic at the chicago camp.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I heard about that. Do you have a link to the article?

xadrez
06-20-2005, 04:07 PM
It was an "insider" article...heres the link for it

Link (http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft2005/columns/story?columnist=ford_chad&amp;id=2087396)

Is it illegal to cut and paste insider content onto a message board?

tbach24
06-20-2005, 04:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It was an "insider" article...heres the link for it

Link (http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft2005/columns/story?columnist=ford_chad&amp;id=2087396)

Is it illegal to cut and paste insider content onto a message board?

[/ QUOTE ]

Great article. I didn't see Graham much last year, but he PWNED the competition. He was the stongest and faster than a lot of guards. Nasty.

Aytumious
06-20-2005, 06:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If the Bucks select Andrew Bogut with the Number 1 then they are making an a mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]

I grew up in WI and I'm torn about who the Bucks should take. Honestly, Bogut is extremely advanced for a big man his age and he has a great feel for the game, but Williams also could be a fantastic player down the road because he has the skills and what appears to be a good head. Also, I think Bogut will be a better pro than Brad Miller or Vlade Divac, who he is compared to for some strange reason.

Anyone care to give projections on what type of pro Bogut will be?

Brain
06-20-2005, 10:32 PM
Clark is looking to give Head to the most deserving recipient.

lil_o
06-20-2005, 11:29 PM
I agree Danny Granger would be a good fit. My only problem with that is having Granger will hinder Trevor Ariza's development at the 3. On the other hand I think Granger is arguably the most NBA ready of all the draftees.

Channing Frye is suspect. He is way too soft for what the knicks need.

I'd love to see the knicks get this spanish kid fran vasquez.

morello
06-21-2005, 12:12 AM
After their last draft pick, I'd say anything would be an upgrade over Arajuo.

But, we are talking about the GM that traded Vince Carter for Eric Williams and garbage, so he'll probably find a way to screw it all up.

7ontheline
06-21-2005, 03:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Also, I think Bogut will be a better pro than Brad Miller or Vlade Divac, who he is compared to for some strange reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um. . .could it be because he is a big, slow, skilled white man? What a strange comparison. . .I would have never thought of it.

Aytumious
06-21-2005, 06:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also, I think Bogut will be a better pro than Brad Miller or Vlade Divac, who he is compared to for some strange reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um. . .could it be because he is a big, slow, skilled white man? What a strange comparison. . .I would have never thought of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, if you are happy with the most superficial of comparisons, then I suppose the comparisons are apt. My point was he plays much closer to a Sabonis or Ilgauskus, or even Brad Daugherty than he does Divac, who played , or Miller, who doesn't have anywhere near the back to the basket moves of Bogut.

It's possible you simply lump all those guys in the "big, slow, skilled, and white" group, excepting Daugherty of the whiteness characteristic, but lumping all of those players into the same category really takes away from the diversity of their games and doesn't really tell you much of anything other than their skin color and height.

Blackjack
06-21-2005, 06:32 AM

[/ QUOTE ]

What about Chris Paul for the Celtics? When's the draft anyways too lazy to google it.

Blackjack

Blackjack
06-21-2005, 06:34 AM
Or even better... Stoudamire!!!

Blackjack

xadrez
06-21-2005, 08:57 AM
June 28th, Next Tuesday.

xadrez
06-21-2005, 08:59 AM
This is a concern if they take Granger I agree. I love Ariza and think hell develop into a very solid NBA player.

That being said I think a mistake teams in the lottery make is not choosing the best available talent on the board when they pick.

Clarkmeister
06-21-2005, 12:07 PM
Brad Miller is pretty freaking good right now. At least as far as NBA centers go. Top 5.

tbach24
06-21-2005, 01:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What about Chris Paul for the Celtics? When's the draft anyways too lazy to google it.

Blackjack

[/ QUOTE ]

A lot of times it takes a PG 3-4 years to truly blossom (look at Chauncy). We gave up on Chauncy too quickly so I hope they don't repeat the mistake with Banks who looks like he's almost there. Delonte has a good head on his shoulders and could become a good PG.

xadrez
06-21-2005, 02:06 PM
CHAUNCEY BILLUPS ISNT WALKING THROUGH THAT DOOR!!!

DukeSucks
06-21-2005, 10:32 PM
Everything here is centered on the Bobcats and local ACC players. A lot of the talk I hear is that they think the Knicks will take hometown boy Julius Hodge at the end of round one.
I don't keep up the Knicks, so you probably have better info than me /images/graemlins/smile.gif