PDA

View Full Version : Straight on the turn

LuckyDevil
06-20-2005, 04:35 AM
SB is TAG. What is standard play?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Hero calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero ?

mosta
06-20-2005, 04:45 AM
raise preflop. call the turn raise and the river bet. if you do any raising you're going to fold out a bluff or pay a better hand.

aK13
06-20-2005, 05:02 AM
I muck preflop...

I also don't raise the flop.

mosta
06-20-2005, 05:06 AM
I disagree with you though not hugely. I think this is a fine three-way hand on the button. I like the flop raise because you can take the free card and you can fold the guys who want to take a cheap shot with any or no part of the board (who invest one bet to take a shot at a fold).

aK13
06-20-2005, 05:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I disagree with you though not hugely. I think this is a fine three-way hand on the button. I like the flop raise because you can take the free card and you can fold the guys who want to take a cheap shot with any or no part of the board (who invest one bet to take a shot at a fold).

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, but you can still hit one of your "outs" and lose. Usually, in such cases, I like to make sure the pot has more than enough bets in it to justify a call, then decide whether I should raise.

tyler_cracker
06-20-2005, 06:17 AM
I think the PF call is ok. I like the raise on the flop, because we might take the pot right now or with a follow-up bet on the turn.

If villain is TAG, this check-raise means some strength. This could mean a flush, but it could also mean a slowplayed or turned set (77, 88, 55, maybe JJ) or two pair (78 being most likely). I would call it down, getting 7:2 effective odds.

ArturiusX
06-20-2005, 06:23 AM
I raise with tight blinds, with loose blinds I call pf. I think folding is too tight.

mosta
06-20-2005, 06:41 AM
interesting. I never open limp from the button unless I'm in a head's up match and want to work in some variation with weaker hands than this and monsters. I really can't fathom why you would.

morberg
06-20-2005, 07:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
interesting. I never open limp from the button unless I'm in a head's up match and want to work in some variation with weaker hands than this and monsters. I really can't fathom why you would.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hero is not opening in this hand.

I'd fold T9s against only one limper and probably against two as well. I'd definately limp in after three limpers. But then again I'm probably too tight.

Nice flop raise. Call down turn raise and river bet.

mosta
06-20-2005, 07:37 AM
oops. I lost the limper. when I said three-way hand I meant vs the blinds. This would be close for me between limping and folding pf.