PDA

View Full Version : waited for turn to raise.....

tl65\
06-20-2005, 03:16 AM
Alright, UTG is new, he's made a couple fishy moves since he's been here(cold calling with weak hands and such). SB seems alright, my numbers on him are 26/13/3 but there's a good chance that's mostly from shorthanded play.

party 30/60 5 handed

UTG limps, I raise with A9, SB 3bets, UTG calls, I call

Flop 2 3 9 rainbow
SB bets, both call

Turn 2, second /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

SB bets, UTG raises, hero?

Subfallen
06-20-2005, 03:47 AM
UTG's hand range confuses me here. He doesn't have big PP unless he's extremely tricksy. I don't think a 9 or 44-88 really either because of the flop action. Say he's with J9. You very likely have a six-out hand against him, and the pot is big---10 SB. Why wouldn't he raise the flop hoping you fold incorrectly after discounting your outs? Then again, maybe he was waiting for the turn to protect his hand...

So maybe he has a 9/low pp, otherwise this is a FH or a flush semi-bluff. Anyways, you can't really fold. The thing is that SB either has a likely 3 outs against you, or a PP that will re-raise whatever you do. Hmm...have to think about this one some more.

17percent
06-20-2005, 04:01 AM
raise the flop, better to find out where everyone is right away .. SB will most likely 3 bet your raise leaving utg in a bad spot... waiting for the turn to raise is a great play.. but i dont think so here. just my opinion

flawless_victory
06-20-2005, 04:44 AM
THREEBET.
if should be obvious all the great things that can happen...

Subfallen
06-20-2005, 06:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
THREEBET.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like people folding and us winning a big pot, I assume. But I'm still curious to hear somebody give his opinion of UTG's hand range.

DpR
06-20-2005, 07:18 PM
9-10 suited? or of course whatever the middle pair was.

tl65\
06-20-2005, 08:43 PM
Well, I did threebet and both called. The river came a rag, something like an offsuit 5, they both checked and i checked. SB showed KQ/images/graemlins/diamond.gif and UTG showed 95/images/graemlins/diamond.gif so MHIG and SB got pissed /images/graemlins/confused.gif

tl65\
06-20-2005, 08:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
THREEBET.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really dont know if it's that obvious. There's a very good chance I'm no good right here. I really dont think SB is going to fold an overpair and if he has a big A, he's drawing to 3 outs and i dont have a problem with that. Also I can definately see UTG having something like A2s or 33. 3 betting does have its merits though, as that's what I ended up doing. I think i'm usually going to get a free showdown on the river as long as UTG doesnt have 33, so I do think it's the best option.

tl65\
06-20-2005, 09:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
raise the flop, better to find out where everyone is right away .. SB will most likely 3 bet your raise leaving utg in a bad spot... waiting for the turn to raise is a great play.. but i dont think so here. just my opinion

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is one of the best places for it. If i raise the flop and SB 3bets me, that also puts me in a tough spot. SB seems weak at this point, its very likely he has overcards SB is likely to be drawing to 2 or 3 outs. I see this as a great opportunity to raise a safe turn card.