PDA

View Full Version : standard bb take down

keikiwai
06-20-2005, 03:04 AM
So betting out the turn is standard right?

What I was thinking about is that when that A falls my fold equity goes way up, so so does the chance of some Ace hugger beating me....

Are there some type of players against whom this is not standard? (I include the occasional turn c/r in the standard too)

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (2.50 SB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (2.25 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds.

Final Pot: 3.25 BB

JoshuaD
06-20-2005, 03:08 AM
Open-limping with 89o from MP2 sucks big donkey balls. If you're opening the betting from middle or late you almost always want to be raising. 98o is just a fold though.

I play this the same postflop. Whether I call down a check/raise or fold depends on reads. Readless I'm calling down.

nomdeplume
06-20-2005, 05:01 AM
Fold preflop.

Tiny pot, low top pair no kicker. I'd play it the same way, but fold if he raises the turn. He might have an ace, he might have you outkicked, the pot isn't large enough to pay two BBs to find out imo.

mosta
06-20-2005, 05:03 AM
fold preflop. (or raise if you're feeling really feisty, but not normally.) bet the turn. I fold to a check raise barring an aggro read. and I check behind on the river.